RBS Greenwich's Grand Debt Plan
- Citigroup Reaches $3.7B Deal With Legg Mason's Broker-Dealer Group. Walker, Susanne; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32162, p6
The article informs that Citigroup Inc. reached a $3.7 billion agreement with Legg Mason Inc. to sell its asset management business in exchange for the regional firm's broker-dealer business, a deal that will boost the scale and volume of Legg Mason's municipal asset management business and...
- The status quo maintained. Russell, Edward // FinanceAsia;Nov2008, p33
The article presents on the banking company ratings in Asia. It notes from a fixed income research poll conducted by the FinanceAsia journal that determined the best borrowers gathered from several investors and rated banks, hence, it points Citi on the top spot by a significant margin for two...
- The Final Frontier: The Integration of Banking and Commerce. Reichert, Alan K.; Wall, Larry D.; Hsin-Yu Liang // Economic Review (07321813);2008 2nd Quarter, Vol. 93 Issue 2, preceding p1
In the first part (in the previous issue of Economic Review) of this two-part study, the authors identified a number of possible benefits from combining banking and commerce, including portfolio diversification, the creation of internal capital markets, and economies of scale and scope. This...
- 3 Actual articles. // Report on Financial Stability (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Oct2008, p33
The article examines the significant changes in the financing structure of the Hungarian banking sector. Foreign funds have been playing significant role in the fund management of banks since domestic savings were unable to keep pace with the dynamically growth in the loan portfolio which partly...
- State St. Unit Hires Former Citi Director. // American Banker;8/14/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 157, p7
The article reports on the decision of State Street Global Advisors, the investment management branch of State Street Corp. of Boston, Massachusetts, to hire Chee Ooi as a senior portfolio manager in its global active equity group. A discussion of Ooi's duties as portfolio manger, and of his...
- Citi Starts Global Corporate Loan Unit. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;2/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 28, p1
Discloses Citigroup Inc.'s creation of a business unit known internally as the global loan portfolio management group which will focus on corporate lending activities. Naming of Steven Jones as head of the unit; Responsibilities to be assumed by the unit; Citigroup's aim to balance its desire...
- Betzold-Berg investment portfolio index. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct98, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p12
Features the Betzold-Berg Investment Portfolio Index, which represents the current value, including market value and income reinvestment for an `average' bank portfolio. Index value and return from 1994 to August 1998; Uses of the index for portfolio managers.
- Banks: buy/sell lists could help sell stock. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr79, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p118
Focuses on portfolio management on banks.
- Wealth Management at FirstMerit. Evanson, David R. // Bank Investment Consultant;Oct2003, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p44
Focuses on the importance of wealth management at banks in the U.S. Concern of investors on the management of assets; Details on the wealth management product offerings of banks; Development of specific investment strategies across a wide range of investment styles.