RUSSIAN DEAL MARKET SOARS
- Russia's first DPR in the market. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;3/13/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that the first Russian deal backed by diversified payment rights is expected to embark on a road show. The five-year deal, which is $300 million transaction from Alfa Bank, is a loan-pledge structure along the same lines as a $300 million credit card deal originated by...
- MERRILL PAYING $1.8 BILLION FOR CA BANK. // National Mortgage News;2/12/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p12
The article reports that the Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has agreed to acquire the First Republic Bank in a deal valued at $1.8 billion. First Republic specializes in working with high net worth individuals and has expertise in luxury home lending. It will be operated separately as a division of...
- BUSBOY SERVES WALL ST. DEALS. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, pF9
The article reports on Eric Heaton, senior vice president at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. The Dartmouth economics major had helped pay for his education by working 25 hours a week in the campus dining hall. His office is filled with plaques commemorating the hundreds of deals that Heaton has been...
- Bank Merger? Merrill Shrugs Off Idea. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;2/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p24
Reports the rumor on the alleged merging with commercial bank by Merrill Lynch & Co. in New York. Rumors on the linkage of the company with HSCBC Holdings PLC; Clarification of E. Stanley O'Neal, president and chief executive officer of the company to rumors; Contentment on the credit...
- Merrill Hires a Middle-Market M&A Team. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;8/8/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 151, p2
Reports on Merrill Lynch's hiring of a team of merger and acquisitions advisers to specialize in midsize financial institutions. Creation of a financial institutions unit within the firm's middle-market mergers advisory group; Responsibilities and experiences of the advisers.
- Playing the Ombudsman. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/4/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 46, p2
The article comments on the article "BlackRock Brings Calpers and Calstrs to Stuytown," published in the November 20 issue of the journal that presented information about the deal to purchase New York City's Stuyvesant Town. It is viewed that the report had some flaws. One of the flaws was that...
- Merrill Launches Two Deals for $500M. Y. B. // Private Placement Letter;11/27/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the launching of two security offerings by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in the U.S. securities market. The two deals will be for Alfa Bank and CFS Retail Property Trust. Merrill Lynch has extended a security offer up to $500 million to Alfa Bank, while, $200 million security...
- Merrill confirms deal to buy piece of Pru's mortgage business. Ratner, Julianna // American Banker;5/2/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 84, p10
Reports on the agreement by the Merrill Lynch and Company, New York, to buy a piece of Prudential Insurance Company of America's mortgage unit. Where the deal was reported; Details of the Lender's Service Incorporation; Continued services to the clients of the unit.
- IDD OutTakes. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p4
Presents news concerning investment dealers as of October 2005. Return by Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. to the Japanese brokerage business; Appointment of Andreas Dombret as vice chairman of investment banking in Europe at Bank of America; Plan of UBS to purchase a 20% stake in Beijing Securities.