Where's the Crunch?
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: figs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/26/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p42
Presents several charts depicting investment banking activities in global financial institution groups (FIG). Global FIG underwriting volume; Global volume by product; Recent global equity deals.
- Could become big dividend payers. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;2/14/2005, p13
This article presents information related to South Africa's (SA) three leading banks; Absa, Standard Bank and FirstRand which could soon declare much bigger dividends. From 2006, investors in these banks' shares could expect a dividend yield of at least 5% on the current price. First-tier...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/26/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p20
Presents several charts depicting recent merger and acquisition activities in global investment banking. Global target volume by selected industry; Top global acquisition related lenders; Largest global acquisition related syndicated loans.
- Investment Banker Prestige and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings. Johnson, James M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer88, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p19
This article develops and tests the three main hypotheses explaining why issues underwritten by prestigious investment bankers should exhibit lower initial returns and why this result is not an anomaly. First, the results of five previous studies are replicated, and all find that prestigious...
- 2Q Disappointment from Deutsche Bank. // American Banker;8/2/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 147, p19
Announces that profits of Deutsche Bank AG rose less than analysts had expected in the second quarter of 2004. Details on the company's performance in the second quarter, including a decline in investment banking revenues; Analysts predictions for the company's performance for the remainder of 2004.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/12/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 34, p42
Presents several charts depicting recent future income growth securities (FIG) in the U.S. Global FIG underwriting; Volume by product; Top new issues.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: ENERGY & POWER. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p36
This article presents charts and tables of the market performances of some firms in the U.S. security market. It also presents some news briefs related to this market. Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan told the U.S. Congress last week that the economy wouldn't have been hit with the slowdown that...
- Key Sector Reports and Notes: Banking: Foreign Bank Investment. Reuvid, Jonathan // Doing Business with China;2005, p332
Provides an overview of foreign bank investment in China. Minimum capital requirements for banks wanting licenses to do business with Chinese firms; Permission given to HSBC to underwrite domestic Chinese government bonds; Approval of a joint venture between U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs...
- When bigger isn’t better: bailouts and bank reform. Miller, Marcus; Zhang, Lei; Li, Hanhao // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr2013, Vol. 65 Issue suppl_1, pi7
Taking retail deposits and lending to SMEs and households were the traditional role of commercial banks: but banking in Britain has been transformed by increasing consolidation and by the lure of high returns available from investment banking. With appropriate changes to the Diamond and Dybvig...