IN THE LOOP. .
- Strong qtr. for AMS. // Publishers Weekly;1/26/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p10
Reports third quarter 1997 revenues for Advanced Marketing Services. 33% rise in revenue; Amount of increase in net income; Reasons for the increases.
- AMS has record year, will pay dividend. // Publishers Weekly;5/25/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 21, p16
Discusses earnings at Advanced Marketing Services (AMS). First dividend being issued; Profits in fiscal year 1998; Reasons for improved financial status.
- Brookbank to Head Merrell Office in N.Y.C. // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p25
Focuses on the expansion of art book publisher, Merrell Publishers in its opening of an office in New York City. Reasons for opening a New York office; Executives appointed for the New York office; Forecast of publisher Hugh Merrell on the sales of his company.
- AMS Acquires Two U.K. Book Distributors. // Book Publishing Report;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p7
Reports the acquisition of book distributors by Advanced Marketing Services (AMS) in the U.S. Significance of the acquisition to the expansion strategy of AMS; Overview of the acquired distributors; Growth of the profits of AMS.
- AMS Eyes More International Expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p10
Reveals that international expansion is a top priority at U.S. publisher Advanced Marketing Services (AMS). Holdings of AMS in Great Britain; Percentage of the company's total revenue in 2002 accounted by international markets.
- Book Exec Takes on Firm Investigated By Feds. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;6/5/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the appointment of Gary Rautenstrauch as the new president and chief executive of the Advanced Marketing Services (AMS), a book distributor in San Diego, California. Rautenstrauch is the company's third CEO since the 2004 departure of former CEO Michael Nicita. He prefers...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p7
Highlights the financial performance of book publishers in the United States as of May 15, 2000. Increase in HarperCollins' revenues; Increase in Advanced Marketing Services' net sales; Increase in Noodle Kidoodle's total sales.
- Advanced Marketing invests in Raincoast, improves distribution. // Book Publishing Report;09/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p5
Reports on Advanced Marketing Services Inc.'s purchase of a 25 percent interest in Raincoast Book Distribution Ltd. Advanced Marketing's plan to expand its book distribution into the Canadian market; Size of the company's distribution system in North America; Other acquisitions previously made...
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;3/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p21
Presents news items related to publishing and book industries in the United States as of March 29, 1999. Includes ranking of the book `The Courage to be Rich: Creating a Life of Material and Spiritual Abundance,' by Suze Orman, among American bestsellers; Book `Vittorio the Vampire,' by Anne...