Publishers' Net Sales: YTD Through March
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;07/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p6
Reports on finance-related news items concerning the book publishing industry. Total net sales of book distributor Advanced Marketing Services for the first quarter of fiscal 2000, ended July 1; Revenues generated by Handspring Inc., manufacturer of Visor handheld device; Strong growth in net...
- Canadian Publishers Report Revenues of C$2.2 Billion. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;9/25/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p20
Reports on the total revenues reported by Canada's book publishers and exclusive agents for 1998-1999. Total retail sales in the period; Sales to the institutional sector; Pre-tax profit.
- Top Five Trade Houses Take 45% of Market Share. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the estimated revenues for trade book publishers in the U.S. in 2002. Sales of books published by Random House; Revenues of selected publishing companies.
- OTHER PRINTING & PUBLISHING. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Paper & Packaging;2002 3rd Quarter, p56
The article presents information about the U.S. printing and publishing industry. Data on quarterly revenue and prices of the publishing industry is presented for the period ranging from 2001 to 2002, and prediction is made for 2003 and 2004. Input costs are calculated for the materials and...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the financial performance of several book publishers in the United States during the first quarter of 2000. Barnes & Noble's book sales; Net sales at pop-up book publisher Intervisual Books; Increase in comparable store sales at Books-A-Million Inc.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p6
Highlights the financial performance of book publishers in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Amazon.com; Banta Corp.; Adubile Inc.; Reader's Digest's Global Books and Home Entertainment; Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Scholastic Reports 2Q Results, Posts Improved Performance in School Book Clubs and Fairs. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p5
Describes the financial results of publishing firm Scholastic Inc. for the second quarter of fiscal 2004, ended November 30, 2003. Overall revenues; Sales in the children's book publishing and distribution division.
- Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decline of the 2005 sales of Houghton Mifflin Co., a book publishing company in the U.S. The decline was blamed on the lack of movie tie-in revenue from the 2004 film "The Polar Express." Other factor was the diminishing sales from the 2004 Oprah Book Club pick "The...
- Book Sales Hit $117 Million at Hastings. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the increase in same-store sales of books at Hastings Entertainment for the year that ended January 31, 2004. Net income earned by the company; Reason for the increase in book sales; Percentage of store sales from video rentals and video.