- Returns: YTD. // Book Publishing Report;5/19/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p5
Presents a graph showing the returns on book sales in the U.S. for the month of March 2003. Adult hardcover; Adult paperback; Mass market; Children's book; University press.
- Management standards. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;4/19/2004, p34
Focuses on the management of return on equity (ROE). Achievement of ROE in the U.S. and South Africa; Calculation of ROE; Ways a company do with profits.
- Marketing ROI: playing to win. Lenskold, James D. // Marketing Management;May/Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
As marketing budgets get leaner, the pressure is on to deliver more profits. To develop effective strategies for doing this, marketers need clear measurements. Unfortunately, measurements other than ROI are incomplete and can lead to misguided spending and lost profits. The ROI measure can...
- A 7.3% Decline In Returns Helps Drive College Net Sales Up 4.3%. // Educational Marketer;9/20/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the impact of the decline in college textbook returns on net sales in the U.S. Percentage of gross sales of college publishers; Amount of the decline in returns.
- A Framework for Financial Statement Analysis Part 3:. Gallinger, George W., // Business Credit;Apr2000, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p33
Part III. Discusses the tax effects on corporate profitability and sustainable business growth in the United States. Framework for financial statement analysis; Sustainable growth analysis; Return on equity performance.
- CFROI and ROE leaders. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/21/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 21, p7
Reports the importance of cash-flow return investment and return on equity on the underlying profitability of the companies in the United States. Estimation of real internal rate of return on operating assets; Creation of shareholder wealth; Accounts on the proportion of sales from the given...
- 1997 results for 259 Chicago-area banks. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/28/98Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p57
Presents a chart on the financial performance of banks in the Chicago, Illinois area, ranked in terms of 1997 percent return on average assets. Includes names of companies; Return on average assets; Addresses; Types of businesses; Names of top executives; Includes First Bank of Oak Park; First...
- Packaging Impact. Brody, Aaron L. // Management Review;Sep72, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p13
Discusses how packaging contributes to profitability. Quantification of rate of return; Ratio of direct income to capital investment; Formula for return on capital; Comparison between cost and return-on-investment analyses; Alternative packaging investment opportunities.
- Sentry heads hot service groups. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;1/1/2001, p41
Focuses on the value of basic return assets as a measure of corporate profitability in South Africa. Emphasis on intellectual capital; Data showing companies' return on average total assets; Effect of acquisition activity on profit figures.