As Series Ends, Tyndale Plots To Keep From Being Left Behind -- 'If It Keeps Selling, Keep Doing Them
- New Genres, Emerging Audiences. Riess, Jana K. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, pS4
Provides information on the religious book publishing industry. Information on the novel `Left Behind,' published by Tyndale House; Discussion on evangelical Christian novels; Romance genre in the Christian market; Details on visionary fiction.
- Prophetic profits. Sonnenberg, Jim // Crain's Chicago Business;6/23/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
This article focuses on the publication of Christian fiction writing. Ron Beers novel 'Left Behind' brought up a debate at Tyndale House Publishers Inc. Doubters on the board wondered why anyone would buy a thriller based on the Book of Revelation, in which the apocalyptic 'ending' was already...
- Bestseller Best Practices. Steffan, Melissa // Christianity Today;Nov2013, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p26
The article reports that NavPress, the publishing arm of the global Christian para-church organization The Navigators, has entered into a partnership with Tyndale House Publishers as of September 2013. Under this deal, NavPress will continue to acquire and develop content while ceding its...
- Tyndale, Tekno to Create New Left Behind Series. Crosby, Cindy // Publishers Weekly;3/31/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the contract signed by Tyndale House with Tekno Books, a book packager in Green Bay, Wisconsin, to create a three-book military thriller line and a three-book political thriller series based on the Left Behind series as of March 2003. Reason for the decision of Tyndale to publish...
- IN BRIEF. Butler, Tamara // Library Journal;11/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 18, p62
The article reports that Tyndale House acquired the rights to author Dee Henderson's Multnomah backlist, including the "O'Malley" and "Uncommon Heroes" series.
- Beyond Bonnet Rippers. RIESS, JANA // Publishers Weekly;5/18/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 20, p34
A panel discussion among industry veterans about the trends in Christian fiction publishing is presented. Topics covered include the popularity of romantic suspense, according to Karen Watson of Tyndale; the status of the Amish fiction market, according to David Lewis of Baker Publishing Group...
- Five Surprising Years for Evangelical-Christian Publishing: 1998 to 2002. Fisher, Allan // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Assesses the last five years of Christian publishing, which includes books, authors, publishers and retailers in the U.S. as of June 2003. Top-selling evangelical fiction books; Popularity of the book 'The Prayer of Jabez,' written by Bruce H. Wilkinson; Careers of evangelical authors Tim...
- Tyndale to Release Gibson Tie-in. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;11/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the book "The Passion," which will be released by Tyndale House in the U.S. on February 25, 2004 as official tie-in for the motion picture "The Passion of Christ," directed and produced by Mel Gibson. Controversy associated with the film; Comments from Dan Balow of Tyndale House...
- Left Behind Fuels Growth at Tyndale House. Crosby, Cindy // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on the `Left Behind' book proposal submitted to Tyndale Publishing House. Details on the first four books in the series; Reason for the growth and reorganization at the company; Effect of the series on the company's sales.