Friends in the chair
- Fresh colors add zest to recliners. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p12
The article informs that the furniture designers are keeping abreast of the latest lifestyle trends have never paid much attention to recliners. About all they've needed to do is see which shade of brown is the season's hottest color. But when those design hotshots weren't looking, some of those...
- Gun Slinger. Goa, Karen // North & South;Dec2004, Issue 225, p106
Features furniture designer and sculptor David Trubridge. Career background; Use of pine trees in creating furniture; Information on the pine-made Sling recliners; Cost of the Sling recliner.
- Design students aim for recliner prize. // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2003, Issue 5347, p5
Cites the number of students vying to win a design competition in Great Britain to create a reclining sofa or chair with comfort and quality.
- Accoustic Innov. Bows Club Chair For Small Rooms. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/22/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p85
The article introduces the BridgePointe CinemaChair, a club chair design that is ideal for smaller rooms, from Acoustic Innovations. The chair features a space-saving recliner mechanism that provides both movie viewing and long-term comfort. When in full recline, the BridgePointe requires only 6...
- Petite Woburn makes it big. // Cabinet Maker;2/14/2003, Issue 5324, p39
Reports on the Reclining Furniture Award given to Celebrity Furniture for its Petit Woburn recliner presented during the 2003 Furniture Award in Great Britain. Price of the recliner chair; Design of the chair.
- Glider rockers expand beyond nursery. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;7/6/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p8
The article discusses how glider rockers manufacturers are expanding by adding models for contemporary and transitional styling in the U.S. These producers are doing this to broaden the product's appeal beyond its traditional consumer base of new parents and grandparents. The most important...
- Glider rockers look to broaden appeal. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the new features and functions of glider rockers in the U.S. Use of better-quality fabrics, slightly darker finishes on wood frames and designs; Inclusion of recliners and motion sofas in the product line of Best Home Furnishings; Introduction of a new line of antique finishes from...
- Showstoppers. Stein, Larry // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p44
The article focuses on a furniture exhibition. Upholstery manufacturers got in on the act featuring armchairs with drinks holders and sofas with ottomans while smart looking recliners provided even more comfort for viewing. Leather took centre stage. Natuzzi SpA introduced three lifestyle...
- Motion furniture. // Furniture/Today;10/3/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p22
Features new motion furniture produced by several furniture manufacturers. Air lumbar support featured in Backsaver Products Co.'s line of zero-gravity reclining chairs; Design of Berkline Corp.'s collection of recliners; Specification and usability of a pair of massage chairs from Hawaiian Lomi...