- Shaking up sales in downtown Purley. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p6
Reports on the sales promotion of the furniture store Design Me in Surrey, England. Benefits of the services for the customers and store; Aim of the store to boost sales; Number of months in the business.
- Slump in Irish retail sales of furniture for June. // Cabinet Maker;8/7/2015, Issue 5943, p10
The article reports on the decline of retail sales on furniture and lighting products in the Republic of Ireland as of June 2015.
- Physical store sales to shrink 10%. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2012, Issue 5812, p9
The article focuses on a report, according to which the furniture sales in physical stores will reduce by 9.7 percent and the online sales of furniture will increase by 45 percent.
- Manchester. // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p26
The article describes a tour of furniture sores in Manchester, England, on the pretext of buying a table and a chair. The Cousins in Salford offers a wealth of choices. The saleswoman at Habitat discussed the advantages and disadvantages of leather and microfiber chairs. The Italian furniture at...
- Mystery Shopper: Hornchurch. // Cabinet Maker;3/14/2003, Issue 5328, p7
Reveals the customer service, selling skills, product knowledge and retail environment of sales personnel in several furniture stores in London, England. Stores visited.
- Council axe on removal hits Selby store sales. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p5
Reports that North Yorkshire retailer, Everatt's of Selby is losing sales because the council furniture collection service it has used for 30 years has been stopped. Environmental Protection Act's treatment of the Everatt's collection as residential; Proposal of environment services officer...
- Online surge prompts international expansion. // Cabinet Maker;11/15/2013, Issue 5861, p12
The article reports that a store has been opened in New York by the leather cleaning and repair specialist Furniture Clinic after the company experienced an increase in its online sales.
- Examining a certain not-so-visible competitor. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;10/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p58
The author reflects on the sales performance of furniture in the U.S. The sales from furniture stores rose 62.8% while from non-furniture stores gained 94.9%. Retail stores such as Wal-mart, Staples, Sam's Club, Target, Costco and Office Depot have gained market share from the industry. Most of...
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p46
The article analyzes the performance of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain in October 2005. Sales were higher as compared with sales on September 2004. Compared with September, 36% of retailers reported a decrease in the value of sales. 25% of stores were able to maintain sales,...