- Where to Shop for a New Religion. FEIN, JUDITH // Spirituality & Health;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
A review is offered for Museum of World Religions located at the Pacific Department Store in Yungho City, Taiwan.
- Macy's adds salt to Cellar with addition of food hall. Leder, Michelle // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p18
Reports that in an effort to restore the reputation of Macy's department store as a prime source for comestibles, a wall of video monitors in the New York-based Macy's windows will broadcast 15 hours of cooking every day. Macy's hopes for broadcasting the culinary machinations of 70 on-site...
- Department stores: The big squeeze. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p24A
Focuses on the performance of department stores in the United States in 1995. Sales; Technological developments; Market trends; Comments from industry executives.
- Bloomingdale's. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p13RSO
Features the Bloomingdale's Department Store in Skokie, Illinois, winner of top honors in the department store category of the 1996 `Chain Store Age' Retail Store of the Year competition. Design by FRCH Design Worldwide; Materials; Ambience; Fixtures; Flooring.
- Ready for the Millennium at Century 21. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p102
Describes the department store opened by retailer Century 21 in Westbury, New York. Concept of the facility; Interior and architectural design; Amenities.
- British retailers give parents royal treatment. Gardener, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 73, p13
Presents information on the Parents Room which is found at the Peter Jones department store on Sloane Square, London. Comments from Sara Springett, merchandise manager; Reason for the innovation of the Parents Room.
- Largest department stores in the Tucson area. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;05/18/98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p20
Lists the largest department stores in Tucson, Arizona ranked by gross square feet locally. Number of stores nationally and locally; Buying authority; Year established locally; Parent company.
- Discount stores battle each other with supercenters. Rubel, Chad // Marketing News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p1
Reports on developments on the competitions among discount department stores in United States. Wal-mart and K-Mart's use of the supercenter concept; Customer volume as a key component in department store chains that add food.
- Word Is Bond. Yaeger, Lynn // New Yorker;02/12/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p18
Features the department stores located at Bond Street, Manhattan, New York City. Charms of the neighborhood; Furniture collection of Peter-Roberts; Starkness of the white room found at Ghost; Floor area of Anglo-French perfumery Creed.
- Grand emporiums peddle their wares in a new market. Cohen, Daniel // Smithsonian;Mar93, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p122
Discusses how the department stores which once set the trends of consumer culture are now waging the retailers' war of survival. Great names of retailing which have vanished; Competition by supernova discounters such as WalMart, K Mart; Outlets; Mail-order houses; Televised shopping channels...