Hamas executes dozens accused of collaborating with Israel
- One Way to Peace. // America;5/26/2014, Vol. 210 Issue 18, p4
The article presents information on agreement an between rival Palestinian factions Fatah and Hamas to form a united government.
- Residency revoked. Platt, Edward // New Statesman;8/30/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5016, p34
In this article the author discusses the plight of four representatives of Hamas, a Palestinian political organization, who have been charged with disloyalty by Israel, a state they do not recognize. It is noted that Israeli authorities are attempting to expel the four men from Jerusalem, a city...
- U.S. warming to Palestinian unity draws Israeli ire. Kampeas, Ron // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;6/ 3/2014, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The new Palestinian unity government brought together rivals Hamas and Fatah, but it has opened a divide between allies Israel and the United States.
- PALESTINIANS-HAMAS-EGYPT. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);5/4/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4844, p13
The article reports that the Islamic movement Hamas asks the cooperation of Egypt to investigate the death of four Palestinians who were killed inside a smuggling tunnel along the Palestinian-Egyptian borders.
- Israel, Palestinians agree to new 72-hour cease-fire. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/10/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel and Palestinian factions, including Hamas, agreed to a new 72-hour cease-fire.
- Report: Hamas planned Rosh Hashanah attack through Gaza tunnels. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/28/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Hamas planned to use the tunnels it dug from Gaza to Israel to execute a massive attack on southern Israel, an Israeli newspaper reported, citing unnamed Israeli security sources.
- The Bomb Under The Abaya. Miller, Judith // Policy Review;Jun/Jul2007, Issue 143, p43
The author investigates the motivations of Muslim women in Palestine who volunteered to be suicide bombers to kill Israelis. She interviewed Palestinian women being held in Ward 12 of Hasharon Security Prison, located north of Tel Aviv, Israel. Most of these women are members of Hamas, the...
- Israel continues to set the agenda. Shahin, Mariam // Middle East;Nov2005, Issue 361, p12
This article reports that as the situation in Gaza appears to edge closer to crisis point, the relationship between the old Fatah and the new, juxtaposed with the Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, took center stage of the Palestinian political arena. What has become painfully clear in the...
- PALESTINIANS-ISRAEL. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/6/2011, Vol. 197 Issue 5067, p13
The article reports on the conflict between Palestine and Israel. It reveals that Mohammed Shalha, a Palestinian man was killed by an Isreali troops near the border fence in the northern Gaza Strip. It notes that there were about sixteen Palestinians killed since the violence started between the...