- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p27
Presents several news briefs related to the securities industry in the Southwest region of the U.S. as of January 14, 2003. Investment agency in Arizona that is headed towards a possible downgrade; Claims made by Oklahoma City attorney Jerry Fent in a lawsuit challenging a state program;...
- Arizona Lawmakers OK $6.4B Budget; Bonds Still on Back Burner. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p39
Overcoming dissension in their own ranks, Arizona Republicans barely mustered the votes needed to pass a 6.4 billion dollar budget that covers a one billion dollar revenue shortfall but spends about 200 million dollars more than they wanted. Needing votes from minority Democrats after two...
- As State Cuts Budget, Alabama Schools Try to Fill in Gaps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p34
Reports the business strategy to cope with budget deficit for public schools in Alabama. Lawsuit filed to prevent budget cut back by representatives of higher education; Approval of revenue bonds issuance by the legislature; Provision of the law on the use of privately placed debt.
- Cutbacks if necessary, but not necessarily cutbacks. Fraser, Paul // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/14/97, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p45
Discusses how according to Albertan school board chairman Caroline Martin the deficit will not necessarily mean teacher cutbacks for Lethbridge public schools for the 1998-99 school year. How the board is not yet sure what the deficit will be; Teachers' union demands.
- What does Wall Street know that Washington fails to see? Wasson, Erik; Becker, Bernie // Hill;11/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 130, p1
The article presents information on the U.S. securities industry which is signaling confidence in the lawmakers, who will make a deal to avoid fiscal cliff in the country.
- Gains Dependent On Euro Correction. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/12/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p14
Presents news related to economics in Europe as of January 2004. Factor to underpin the koruna; Threat of short-term capital account volatility; Possibility of an improvement in investment flows; Growth in the third-quarter account deficit.
- The End of the Washington Consensus. Hudson, Michael; Sommers, Jeffrey // CounterPunch;10/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p1
The article focuses on the end of the financial meltdown in the securities industry in the U.S. It highlights the end of the credibility of the Washington Consensus, or the open markets to foreign investors and tight money austerity programs to cure balance-of-payments deficits, domestic budget...
- TÃœRKÄ°YE'DE KONSOLÄ°DE BÃœTÃ‡E AÃ‡IKLARIYLA-Ä°Ã‡ BORÃ‡LANMA FAÄ°Z ORANLARI ARASINDAKÄ° Ä°LÄ°ÅžKÄ°: EKONOMETRÄ°K BÄ°R ANALÄ°Z. Peker, Osman; Acar, Yasin // Cumhuriyet Universitesi Journal of Economics & Administrative Sc;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p193
In this paper, the relationship between the interest rates by securities and consolidated budget deficits in Turkey is analyzed by co-integration method for the period from 1992:01-2005:12. The empirical evidence of the study suggests that there is a linear relation between the interest rates by...
- California's Backup Recovery Bond Plan Shrinks to $8.6 Billion. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p4
Reports on the reduction of the backup recovery bond plan in San Francisco, California. Payment of the short-term notes; Issuance of fiscal recovery bond; Need for voter approval.