MBIA's Triple-A Safe Despite CDO Exposure, Merrill Says
- Merrill Research Analyst John Hallacy Taking Post With Insurer MBIA. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31960, p6
Reports on the appointment of John Hallacy to the public finance division of MBIA Insurance Corp. Job responsibilities; Career history.
- N.Y. Judge Rejects Five of Six MBIA Complaints vs. Merrill. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;4/13/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33298, p7
The article reports on the dismissal of five of the six complaints filed by MBIA Insurance Corp. against Merrill Lynch & Co. by New York Supreme Court Judge Bernard J. Fried in April 2010.
- Merrill Lynch mutual fund assets drop 6% in 1998. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;02/08/99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
Points out the significant decline in the long-term mutual fund assets of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in 1998. Poor performance in a number of flagship mutual funds; Out-of-favor value investing bias; Growth of global institutional assets; Total growth of long-term mutual fund assets across the...
- Merrill to launch a new family of 17 mutual funds in Japan. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/22/98, Vol. 64 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the 17 mutual funds to be launched by the Merrill Lynch company in Japan as reported on June 22, 1998. Circumstances surrounding the launch of the funds; Who will manage the funds; Information on asset management; Reference to the acquisition of 33 retail branches of the Yamaichi...
- Merrill offers outside funds. // Pensions & Investments;7/7/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p46
Reports on July 7th, 1997, that Merrill Lynch Group Employee Services' bundled 401(k) program for small companies has started offering outside mutual funds to is bundled clients. Number of mutual funds to be offered; Companies which will offer the outside mutual funds.
- Our Mistake, Our Gain. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the practice of investment company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. of not giving the benefit of the doubt to mutual fund investors. Loss of investor information from database; Practices adopted by other investment companies.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p56
Presents information about global investment underwriting volume as of January 6, 2003. Resignation of George Schieren from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Allegations on several investment companies of misleading investors.
- Merrill Presses Funds To Pay Higher Fees. Garrity, Mike; Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p68
Reports that Merril Lynch & Co. is renegotiating contracts with mutual fund companies whose products it distributes. Details on the standardization of fund charges; Expenses associated with selling funds and enhanced distribution capacity; Views of fund executives on the renegotiation.
- Merrill Lynch. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p34
Features investment company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.