Wyoming Senator Reintroduces Legislation Expanding Use of IDBs
- Ordinance revision. // Accountancy;Jun96, Vol. 117 Issue 1234, p85
The article reports on the proposal of the Chinese government of a new legislation to amend the Inland Revenue Ordinance in Hong Kong, China. The proposed amendments allow the owner or operator of a hotel to deduct capital expenditure in five equal installments, and halve the profits tax charged...
- ALABAMA: Cap Hike, OPEB Trusts Get Nod. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p9
The article reports that Alabama voters have approved a constitutional amendments that allows to increase state's bond cap by $400 million for economic development projects and create permanent trusts for retiree health care benefits. Amendment One raises the capital improvement trusts fund's...
- Michigan Lawmakers Consider Using Bonds to Ease Budget Woes. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p31
Reports the consideration of legislators in issuing bonds to help finance capital improvement project in Michigan. Approval of House of Appropriations Committee measures; Discussion between the House and the Senate on the issue; Options in making up for the shortfall.
- Washington Weighs Extending Bond Maturities to 40 Years. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p36
The article reports that the Washington Senate's Transportation Committee is debating a proposed constitutional amendment that would extend the horizon of some bond issuance with maturities of up to 40 years. The amendment requires a two-third majority vote in both houses of the Legislature...
- Nov. 3 Constitutional Amendment Elections. // Fort Worth Business Press;10/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p31
The article outlines explanations of the various propositions from the Texas Secretary of State's office in the November 3, 2009 elections. The first proposition entails the authorization of the legislature to permit a municipality or a county to issue bonds and notes to finance the purchase of...
- Fighting the tide. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p10
Opinion. Opposes the State Issue 1, a proposed constitutional amendment allowing the issuance of bonds for land preservation in Ohio. Supporters and endorsers of the amendment; Concern over the absence of specific language regarding the distribution of bond money; Cost efficiency of the land...
- ARKANSAS: Amendments Named. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p9
The article reports on the approval of bond-related constitutional amendments in Arkansas by Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses several constitutional amendments in Texas, including the amendment which allows legislature to permit a county to issue bonds to fund an area within the county, which authorizes governor to grant a reprieve, and which extends the length of unexpired term.
- Guinea's National Transitional Council has amended the mining code to reduce some taxes. // African Business News;4/ 9/2013, p9
The article reports on the mining code amendment made by Guinea's National Transitional Council to reduce taxes to improve the investment climate.