Maine Governor Unveils 2-Year Transportation Plan, Including $75 Million of Debt
- Maine Voters OK $131M for Transportation, Water. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;6/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32650, p39
The article reports on the move of voters in Maine to pass two bond issues on its statewide ballot. In addition, one ballot provides $113 million for transportation projects, and the other for $18 million to improve wastewater and drinking water facilities. According to Governor John E....
- Maine Governor Calls Lawmakers to Special Session on Bonding, School Aid. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p4
Reports that John Baldacci, governor of Maine, has called a special session during the month of August, 2003 to settle dispute on proposed economic development bonds and state funding for school aid in Maine. Reason behind calling the special session; Amount for economic development proposed by...
- Maine Gov. Drops Referendum Plans, Facing Lack of Support. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p36
Reports on the cancellation of the bond referendum plan of Governor John Baldacci in Maine. Issuance of general obligation bonds during the current fiscal year; Decision of the joint Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee; Impact of the state's GO bond on local investors.
- Maine Governor Wants Voters to See $70M Package in June, Not November. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31595, p32
Reports on the efforts of Maine governor John Baldacci to speed-up the $70 million economic development bond package as of March 18, 2003. Highlights of the bond package; Budget deficit of the state.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Piazza, Johanna; Newman, Emily; D'Ambrosio, Gillian; McDonald, Michael; Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p35
Presents news briefs related to government bonds in the U.S. as of February 2004. Maine Governor John Baldacci's release of details of his $120 million bond proposal; Maryland Community Development Administration's plan to sell local government infrastructure bonds.
- Maine to Vote on $89 Million in Debt. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31706, p4
Reports that Maine residents will vote on a $ 89.4 million bond package in November 2003, as approved by legislature. Comments for the spokesman of Maine's governor John Baldacci; Way in which the amount will be spent.
- The Politics of Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p35
Reports on Maine Governor John Baldacci's presentation of his proposal for a bond referendum which calls for issuing $40 million in new debt. Need for a two-thirds majority in both chambers to approve any bond referendum proposal before it can be presented to voters in fall 2004.
- Maine's Baldacci Pitches $197M Borrowing Plan. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p37
Reports on the proposed bond borrowing of Maine Governor John Baldacci. Inclusion of funding for forestry, conservation and biomedical research in the plan; Reason for the hesitation of lawmakers to put new borrowings before voters; Amount of borrowing supported by Republican and Democratic...
- Maine Governor Signs Off On $295M Bond Package. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32605, p2
The article reports that Maine Governor John E. Baldacci has signed off on April 10, 2007 the $295 million bond package that lawmakers agreed upon. According to the Democratic governor, as they transition their economy for the future, they need to provide more opportunities in the state. The...