Muni Yields Rise Two Basis Points; N.Y.C. TFA Prices $550 Million
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis Gain From Treasury Boost As Payrolls Are Revised Downward. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the United States rose on August 6, 2004. Lead from Treasuries which surged when July non-farm payrolls rose 32,000; Downward revision of the June payrolls; Comments of Hugh Johnson, chief investment officer at First Albany Capital Inc.; Rally by the bond market...
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Munis End Stronger with Treasuries as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34438, p1
Municipal bonds were sharply stronger on Monday, traders said, with yields on top-rated maturities falling by as much as six basis points. Treasuries surged in a flight-to-quality bid while U.S. equities plunged in the wake of a stock market meltdown in China.
- Munis end 1/4 to 3/8 point higher; retail trading becomes very active. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p2
Presents an update on municipal retail trading in the United States on October 28, 1999. Factors cited for the improved performance of the municipal bond market; Effect of rising prices on institutional investors; Increase in stock prices.
- Munis Steady to Weaker Ahead of $8.3B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/8/2016, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were steady to weaker in light activity at mid-session, traders said, while Treasuries turned narrowly mixed as stocks moved lower after the release of a stronger-than-expected jobs report.
- Not a Lot Going On After New-Issue Blitz. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p2
The article reports developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It states that the Treasury market posted gains in October 30, 2009 as equities sold off. It notes that Municipal Market data triple-A scale yielded 3.03% in 10 years and yielded 4.23% in 30 years. The trends in personal...
- Muni, Treasury Prices Rise as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34350, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds closed stronger on Monday, according to traders, as yields on some maturities weakened by as much as three basis points. Treasury prices also rose while stocks fell after equities in China plunged. Oil prices dropped to a four-month low on the Chinese share...
- Muni Tone Softens After Early Gains; Treasuries Slip on Oil Price Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p2
Reports on trading in the U.S. municipal bond market on May 21, 2004. Trading activity following capitulation in the Treasury market; Effect of a drop in oil prices and a subsequent rebound in equities; Changes in municipal bond prices.