US Airways Stuns Pittsburgh Hub By Demanding Lease Negotiation
- US Airways seeks deal with insurers. Noakes, Gary; Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p60
Reports on the efforts of US Airways Inc. to sign a deal with insurers to allow sales through consolidators. Negotiations to reinstate a special airline failure insurance; Plan to cut passenger capaciity by 13 percent.
- China Suitor. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/2/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 13, p15
The article focuses on the efforts by US Airways to join its five major-airline competitors in the China market. The airline has asked the Transportation Department for authority to code-share to Beijing and Shanghai with United Airlines and beyond the gateways with Air China. Noting that...
- Las Vegas popular despite airline woes. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;9/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the status of airlines in Nevada. Disadvantages experienced by airlines in the area; Financial problems facing National United and U.S. Airways.
- It's time the sun set on America's aerial empire. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;8/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p29
Comments on the positive impact of the decline of the U.S. airline industry on those of Great Britain and the European Union countries. US Airways Inc.'s filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection; Protectionism for American carriers that has resulted in bad management; Possible end of...
- US Airways. // AirGuide Online.com;6/22/2009, p5
The article offers information on the new air service by the US Airways Inc. between Charlotte, North Carolina and Honolulu, Hawaii on December 17, 2009. The year-round service will complement the airline's daily nonstop service to destinations including Oahu, Maui and Kakuai. The new service...
- US Airways. // AirGuide Online.com;5/25/2009, p15
The article reports that US Airways Inc. has inaugurated the airline's first-ever service to Oslo, Norway. The service is the second phase of US Airways' expanding trans-Atlantic schedule in 2009. In total, US Airways customers will have access to 23 trans-Atlantic destinations this summer.
- GE throws lifeline to US Airways. // Interavia Business & Technology;Winter2004, Vol. 59 Issue 678, p18
This article reports on the agreement between US Airways Inc., GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) Inc., and GE Engine Services Inc. on aircraft leasing and financing, and engine services. The agreement will provide the airline with short-term liquidity, reduced debt, lower aircraft ownership...
- LEASING & FINANCE BRIEFS. // Air Transport World;Nov2009, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p14
The article offers updates on the leasing and finance issues of companies in the aviation industry. A merger for an all-stock transaction between AerCap Holdings NV, and Genesis Lease Ltd. has been announced in September 2009. A 450 million U.S. dollar worth of senior secured notes has been...
- US Airways Cements Long-Term Lease Deal With Pittsburgh International. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p28
Reports on the long-term lease deal between US Airways Inc. and Pittsburgh International Airport in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Terms of the deal; Ratings of the Allegheny County Airport Authority's outstanding general airport revenue bonds.