A Thunderbird of the opposite sex
- High Flier. Horine, Beth Kelley // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2016, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on colonel Melissa (Jones) Coburn in the U.S. Air Force Reserve who shares how mentoring, training, and opportunities helped in achieving her dream to be a pilot. Topics mentioned include the joining in the army since 1994 which started to fly a C-141 Starlifters aircraft,...
- Wearing THE PATCH. Desjarlais, Orville F. // Airman;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the orientation program for the Thunderbird recruits at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada. Emphasis on teaching discipline and dedication for the organization; Need for each recruit to wax the path with strict synchronization and concentration; Details on the evaluation conducted by...
- Professional military education in 2020. // Airpower Journal;Summer95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p27
Discusses the professional military education (PME) as connected to the United States Air Force's SPACECAST 2020 project. Emerging technologies; Need to change existing PME system; Areas of emphasis; Obstacles; Expectations.
- Valuing Air Force Educatin and Training. Smith, James M.; Murray, Douglas J. // Air & Space Power Journal;Winter2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p79
Understanding the relationship between learning and the development of senior leadership skills is vital to the success of Air Force efforts to provide the best and most qualified future leaders. Dr. Smith and Colonel Murray take a close look at this relationship (particularly for those who...
- Red Flag. // Airman;Feb2014, p3
The article offers information on the 2014 Red Flag combat training exercise held at the Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada which was participated by at least 3,200 military personnel and an estimated of 160 aircraft from the U.S. and Australian air forces and the Royal Air Force.
- Air Force Internship Program. Kveene, Dough // Officer;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p54
Features the United States Air Force Internship Program in which students from the University of Saint Thomas trained in career fields such as communications, operations, aircraft maintenance and nursing. Names of participants in the program; Requirements for the program; Origins of the program.
- EMERALD COAST CHAPTER CONGRATULATES NEWEST COMBAT SYSTEMS OFFICERS. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p62
The article offers information on the newest Combat Systems Officers of the U.S. Air Force who were graduating from the Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida on March 22, 2013.
- Flight of the WASP. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p32
Profiles Yvonne `Pat' Pateman, a retired Lieutenant Colonel for the United States Air Force. Her experience while training to be a pilot; Information on her assignments as a member of the WASP Class 43-5; Challenges that she encountered while serving in the Air Force.
- All in the Family. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p14
Profiles the first woman B-52 pilot of the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command, Second Lieutenant, Heather Pearson. Family background; Interest in flying and serving the military; Views about women in the military.