Life on the Afghan Frontier
- It's all about the Airmen. Bates, Matthew // Airman;Spring2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p16
The article cites how General T. Michael Moseley is concerned about the Airmen and the jobs they do for the U.S. The author discussed Moseley's speech, mentioning the three priorities which Moseley felt were vital to the Air Force, such as the continuing war on terrorism, recapitalization and...
- Wright-Patterson Squadron Deploys to Utah. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the deployment of twenty-seven members of the 445th Combat Logistics Support Squadron (CLSS) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB) in Ohio, to Hill AFB in Utah in August 2002. Objective of the deployment; Comments of 445th Logistics Group commander, Robert Hunter; Inspection and...
- Channeling Change. Redente, Jennifer // Airman;Summer2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the experience of the embedded training teams, Major Jondavid DuVall and his group of Airmen during their deployment from Hawaii to teach and mentor soldiers in the Afghanistan National Army (ANA) in Kabul, Afghanistan. According to Major DuVall, mentoring and building...
- CHARLES-DE-GAULLE GOES TO WAR. Macrae, Duncan // Interavia Business & Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 57 Issue 660, p8
Reports the operational deployment of the French Navy's nuclear-powered Charles-de-Gaulle aircraft carrier. Support the ground operations in Afghanistan; Prevention of terrorist leaders from leaving by sea; Political and diplomatic necessity of the second carrier.
- Hello, Old Friend! Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;Feb2001, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p8
Offers a look at the deployment of United States (U.S.) Air Force airmen on the island of Curacao as part of an international counterdrug aviation mission. Relationship of the people of Curacao with the airmen; Key features of Curacao's historic architecture.
- Have Mojo, Will Travel. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the importance of preparing for a deployment for members of the U.S. Air Force. Significance of checklists; Basic necessities during deployment; List of items to bring when being deployed. INSET: Top 10 items to take when deploying.
- Westover aerial porters care for families of deployed members. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p13
The article highlights the gathering of family and friends of deployed members of the 42nd Aerial Port Squadron at Westover Air Reserve Base in Massachusetts. Parents who attended the event have socialized over cake and the children worn face paint. The event has given opportunity for families a...
- Airman Update. // Airman;Nov99, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p16
Presents update for the United States Air Force members as of November 1, 1999. Testing of the Commando Card, a tailored deployment tool; Expansion of the area of eligibility for receiving the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for Operation Northern Watch; Features of the Electronic Account...
- Business Environment Outlook. // Egypt Tourism Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p35
The article presents a business environment outlook for the Middle East and Africa as of January 2012. Egyptian troops were deployed along the border of Israel after a deal with them on September 10, 2005. Intense anti-terrorism schemes by Egyptian security forces suppressed militant activity...