Texas Lt. Governor's School Plan Would Halve Property Taxes
- 'Robin Hood' Still Alive After Texas Special Session. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;5/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p17
Texas leaders are united in wanting to scrap the state's "Robin Hood" school finance scheme-they just can't agree on what will replace it. The Texas legislature's special session on school finance ended last week with Governor Rick Perry and legislative leaders promising to return when they've...
- Three Blind Elephants. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p16
Comments on the way several Republican politicians deal with school finance and tax bills in Texas. Texas Governor Rick Perry; Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst; Texas Representative Tom Craddick (R-Midland).
- So Far, So Bad. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;May2003, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p6
Comments on some of the progress made by the Republicans in the U.S. congressional sessions. Criticism against Governor Rick Perry; Information on the spending plan of David Dewhurst, a Republican legislator; Assessment on the performance of Tom Craddick as speaker for the U.S. House of...
- Lawmaking at the Capitol. // Texas Capitol: History of the Lone Star State House;2005, p48
Photographs of several lawmakers and other politicians at the Texas Capitol are presented which include Governor Rick Perry and Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst, Speaker of the House Tom Craddick, and the members of the Senate Committee on Jurisprudence.
- Cooling-off period sound like a plan. // Fort Worth Business Press;8/29/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p65
Talks about the plan of Texas Governor Rick Perry to give the Legislature a few days off before calling another special session to continue the dispute over redistricting in 2003. Support provided by Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst to the plan; Effect of the dispute on the state.
- Texas Community Colleges Get Hope for Restored Funding. Lindsay, Mark // Community College Week;8/13/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the decision of Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst to convene a meeting with state senators and the Legislative Budget Board to discuss the restoration of the funding for the health insurance benefits of the members of community colleges in the state. In June 2007,...
- Overview of the 82nd Session. POINSETT, ROYCE // Texas Bar Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p700
The article offers information on various legal issues discussed during the 82nd legislative session in Texas. It outlines the three major themes of the session and highlights recognition on the reelection of Republican public officers, Governor Rick Perry, Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst,...
- Tumultuous special session wraps up. Robertson, Rob // Fort Worth Business Press;7/4/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the accomplishments of Texas legislation's special session that ended on June 29, 2011. Governor Rick Perry said he was disappointed that work on the legislation to balance the state budget could not be completed. He praised Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst and House...
- Dewhurst in the catbird seat for political musical chairs. McNeely, Dave // East Bernard Express (TX);7/14/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the likelihood for Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst to become governor of Texas in the 2012 elections due to plans of Republican Governor Rick Perry to run as president.