Looking West: Chapman and Cutler Acquires California Bond Firm
- NEW YORK: Shorter Stints for Attorneys? Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/16/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33080, p9
The article reports that bond attorneys who do business with issuers of debt backed by New York could be chosen for shorter terms if draft recommendations of a task force on minority and women-owned business enterprises are adopted. It states that the so-called MWBE task force discussed a series...
- Legal & General challenges FSA's enforcement formula. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;1/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p84
This article reports that Legal & General (L&G) is considering whether to press the Financial Services and Markets Tribunal to force the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to overhaul its enforcement procedures. The FSA was last week criticised by the tribunal over its handling of the...
- What Does It Mean to Be Entrepreneurial? GORDON, LESLIE A. // Student Lawyer;Dec2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p11
The article features lawyer Rana DiOrio and her entrepreneurial endeavor. She graduated from Vanderbilt Law School in Nashville, Tennessee. Her work experience includes positions in the law firm Wilson Sonsini, the financial services firm Merill Lynch and Banc of America Securities. She...
- SPAIN: Banco bonus. Harris, Joanne // Fund Strategy (Online Edition);3/21/2011, p25
The article discusses how the restructuring of the financial services sector in Spain helped in the recovery of the legal market in the country. In 2010, the government amended the law governing the cajas or the savings banks, and started subjecting the whole banking sector to stress tests. It...
- Wragges scoops Inter-Alliance merger. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p6
Reports that British corporate law firm Wragge & Co. has completed its deal for independent financial adviser Inter-Alliance Group. Role of the law firm in the financial adviser's merger with Millfield Group; Implications of the merger on the business relations between Wragge & Co. and...
- Herbies wins Hypo. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p6
Reports that British corporate law specialist Herbert Smith has completed its first deal with client Hypo Real Estate Bank International. Role of the law firm in the finance company's property bidding; Consideration for the law practice's experience in acquisition financing.
- Hofmeyr makes the right moves. // Finance Week;7/12/2004, p51
Reports on the relocation of the business enterprises at Sandton in South Africa. Concentration of legal firms at the heart of any financial sector; Factors affecting the exodus of legal practitioners to Sandton; Transfer of the corporate headquarters of Hofmeyr Herbstein & Gihwala Inc.
- New York area's largest law firms. Lopez, Denise // Crain's New York Business;2000 Book of Lists, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p16
Ranks law firms in New York State by number of area lawyers. Includes Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom; Shearman & Sterling; Simpson Thacher & Bartlett.
- Lawyers build rapport with businesses by specializing to meet their needs. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p13
Discusses the increasing number of law firms in San Diego, California that are adapting their work to a particular industry. International business law as one of the niche markets; Changes in the legal system; Difficulty of focusing on international business law; Lawyers' efforts to meet the...