Transportation Coalition Wants $1.8 Billion in Bonding for Railroads
- Senate Commerce Committee Approves $11.4B for Amtrak. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/26/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32616, p30
The article reports on the approval of a bill that would authorize $11.4 billion for Amrak, by the Senate Commerce Committee in Washington. The bill, which was introduced by Senator Frank Lautenberg, will allow states or the railroad to issue about $7.8 billion in tax-credit bonds over six years...
- S.D. County Transportation Projects to Keep Rolling. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;1/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
This article reports that according to local transportation officials, from the North County rail line running from Oceanside to Escondido to the state Route 125 South tollway in Otay Mesa, San Diego County transportation projects are in full swing and will continue to move forward in 2005....
- State Issues $390 million in highway construction bonds. // Las Vegas Business Press;6/28/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 24, NEVADA CONTRACTOR p8
Reports on the approval of the Nevada State Transportation Board for issuing another multimillion-dollar worth of bonds for highway construction. Projects of construction companies in southern Nevada; Purpose of the bond proceeds; Launch of a $1.3 billion building program by Governor Kenny Guinn.
- TxDOT Compromise. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p1
The article reports that a vote by the Texas Bond Review Board on a request by the Texas Department of Transportation for a $4 billion transportation revenue bond authorization is tentatively scheduled for May 6, 2005 according to state capital insiders. The vote would come one day after a...
- Year-end deadline for railroads threatens ag shipments. // High Plains Journal;10/5/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 40, p5A
The article presents information on the delay in implementation of Positive Train Control by the Class I railroads by January 1, 2016 directed by the U.S. Congress, its impact on the operation of the railways and the transportation of goods including grains.
- Transportation Policy in Canada: The National Transportation Act of 1967. Baldwin, J.R. // Transportation Journal;Fall67, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
The article presents information about transportation policy in Canada. The National Transportation Act of 1967 in Canada has recognized weakness in terms of both policy and machinery. This paragraphs describes the background which led to this legislation in Canada and the basic features of the...
- Bizarre and Prosaic Aspects of taxation and Transportation Corporations. Waters, L.L. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Winter65, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p27
The article focuses on different aspects of taxation of various transportation corporations in the U.S. Railroad complaints on taxes have usually revolved around alleged inequity in the application of property taxes. Moreover, their charges have been well founded. A penetrating study in Indiana...
- DISCUSSIONS BEGIN ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF H.B. 2982. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;10/10/2013, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p6
The article reports that the Texas Railroad Commission (RRC) has begun discussions with the oil and gas stakeholders to review the implementation of House Bill 2982 pertaining to the state oversight of intrastate transportation of hazardous liquids or carbon dioxide by pipeline facilities.
- The Brotherhood Plan, or What? // New Republic;8/20/19, Vol. 20 Issue 250, p74
Comments on the factors to be considered in creation a railroad policy in the U.S. Argument in favor of the railroad brotherhoods' plan for public ownership and democratic management of railroads; Lack of offer to solve the problem of railroad labor; Need for railroad policy to give an assurance...