Commerce Suspends Contributions
- Branches, Service and Vernon, Vernon, Vernon. Sraeel, Holly // U.S. Banker;Apr2003, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p8
Comments on Commerce Bancorp Inc. chief Vernon Hill's hold on the retail banking sector in the U.S. Discussions on Hill's influence in the sector at a meeting held by retail bankers; Hill's branch banking strategy.
- You want fries with that withdrawal? Garver, Rob // Business News New Jersey;07/27/98, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p22
Focuses on the management of Commerce Bancorp's operation in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Chief Executive Officer Vernon Hill's goals in creating the bank's corporate identity; Expansion strategy; Hill's career in banking; Hill's attitude toward competition; Growth rate of the bank.
- Crashing the party. Sonik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/31/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 23, p1A
Focuses on the business of Commerce Bancorp Inc. under the management of founder Vernon W. Hill in Long Island, New York. Growth of the bank through expansion; Number of Commerce branches; Benefits of the consolidations of Washington Mutual and Citibank to Commerce.
- CEO Hill Talks About Deals, Rivals, Goals. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/27/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 143, p1
Focuses on New Jersey-based Commerce Bancorp Inc.'s purchase of Florida-based Palm Beach County Bank as Commerce expands. Comments from Vernon W. Hill 2d, chairman and chief executive of Commerce about his bank's efforts to expand into Florida and Boston, Massachusetts; Description of financial...
- Family banking at Commerce. Serwer, Andy // Fortune;3/4/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 5, p211
Profiles Commerce Bancorp, a bank that offers friendly service, longer hours, and is open on Sunday, in exchange for lower rates on saving accounts and no interest on checking. Increase in the bank's earnings and stock prices; Questions surrounding the bank's interior design, as provided by...
- Deposits Still Growing But Pace Slackens. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;10/17/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 199, p1
The article discusses the slowing down in deposit growth for Commerce Bancorp Inc. The company's chairman Vernon W. Hill 2nd pointed out that his company's transaction accounts have still seen significant growth in contrast to the rest of the industry. Although some analysts are concerned about...
- The artillery in Hill's ground war? De novo branches, deposit growth. Engen, John // U.S. Banker;Nov2003, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the role of Commerce Bancorp chief executive officer Vernon Hill in the company. Status of Hill as one of the best-known and most-mimicked chief executive officers in the U.S.; Performance chart-topping results of New Jersey-based Commerce Bancorp; Hill's career highlights.
- Reaffirming Commerce's Model -- and Then Some. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/14/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 133, p1
Nothing less grand than New York's Radio City Music Hall seemed appropriate as the venue for Commerce Bancorp Inc.'s 30th anniversary celebration. Chairman Vernon W. Hill has made it his personal mission to prove Commerce is a different kind of bank, and extravagance is one of its hallmarks. So...
- Why It Feels Like 1991, All Over Again. Hill, Verno W. // American Banker;2/1/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 22, p11
The article presents an interview with Vernon Hill, founder and former chairman of Commerce Bancorp of New Jersey. Hill explains that the difference between the credit crisis of 1990 and that of 2008 is liberal credit which he calls outrageous standards in both eras. He says that the credit...