Insurers FGIC, XLCA Record First-Quarter Increases in Net Income
- Superdome Agency Gets Boost By Moody's Ahead of $300M Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p27
The article reports on the upgrade of Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District by Moody's Investors Service from Ba1 to Baa3 before its sale of up to 300 million dollar of bonds. The bonds will be insured by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. It includes a step coupon swap and refunding. The...
- Moody's Downgrades FGIC to Caa3 From Caa1; Credit Outlook Negative. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p16
The article offers information on the changes on Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.'s (FGIC) rating in the U.S. in 2009. Moody's Investors Service Inc. lowered the rate of FGIC from Caa1 to Caa3 and the outlook is negative. Moody's referred reasons such as losses from the firm's significant...
- Moody's Drops FGIC to A3 From Aaa, Citing Capital. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p30
The article reports on a bond rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) in the U.S. The credit rating agency downgraded FGIC to A3 from Aaa, reflecting the agency's lingering doubts about FGIC's ability to raise capital and put forth a viable...
- S&P report responds to speculation GE may dump FGIC. Sherman, Lynn; Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30784, p26
Reports on the rumors that GE Capital Corp. will sell or close its bond insurance subsidiary Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Effects of the plan of the bond rating of the company.
- Moody's Drops FGIC, XLCA to Junk Status. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p7
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) and XL Capital Assurance Inc. of their investment-grade insurer ratings as bond insurer ACA Capital Holdings Inc. entered into a fifth forbearance agreement with its counterparties that...
- Moody's Withholds MBIA's A2 Rating From Reinsured FGIC Debt. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32993, p7
The article focuses on the issues in the assigning of an A2 rating of MBIA Insurance Corp. to the bonds it reinsured from the portfolio of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service Inc. said that it will not assign MBIA's A2 rating from reinsured FGIC debt...
- Moody's: Overall Credit Quality Improved in 4th Quarter. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/15/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32568, p7
The article provides an overview on the credit quality report of Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the U.S. It was found out that the overall credit quality of municipal debts improved in the final quarter of 2006 compared to 2005. The report projects the trend will continue in 2007 with...
- Water-Sewer Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Palm Beach County, Florida's water and sewer revenue debt.
- Troy, N.Y., GOs raised by Moody's. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors' upgrading of the financial status of Troy, New York.