New Jersey Makes Plans to Sell Meadowlands, Monmouth Horse Tracks
- Mountaineer Casino Says Revenue Dropped in 2010. Harris, Linda // State Journal (WV);3/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on the financial performance of Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort in West Virginia which saw a drop of 12 percent in revenue for the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Fitzers Awarded Three Contracts By Horse Racing Ireland. // Hospitality Ireland;Dec2014, Issue 92, p10
The article reports on the catering contract awarded to Fitzers Catering as of December 2014 for three Horse Racing Ireland racecourses including Leopardstown, Fairyhouse and Navan and highlights revenues to be generated by the contract between 2014 and 2019.
- Video lottery terminals reinvigorate upstate raceway. Archer, Rick // Westchester County Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the role of video lottery terminals (VLT) in reinvigorating the Monticello Raceway in Montecillo, New York. Estimated number of people going to the raceway since the installation of VLT; Number of VLT machines at the raceway; State law concerning VLT revenue.
- Horse racing looks to track down profits. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;5/11/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p0003
The article discusses the struggles of the horse racing industry in Michigan to find new revenue in order to survive. Topics covered include Northville Downs and Hazel Park Raceway as the state's two remaining tracks, the industry's effort to get legislative approval for online race wagering,...
- Great expectations for 'racinos' // New Hampshire Business Review;4/29/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p54
This article focuses on the popularity of racinos, comprising of horse and dog tracks with video gambling facilities. Every state on the seaboard that has adopted slots at the racetracks has enjoyed this multiple revenue increase. Unfortunately, a report recently issued by the New York State...
- Bingo. Minor, Audax // New Yorker;11/5/1955, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p168
The article focuses on the Garden State Stakes as a horse racetrack. A race event took place at the Garden State Stakes in November 1955. The Garden State also earned high revenues from several races in 1955. Nomination, eligibility and starting fees were put up by owners of horses.
- NEW YORK: Racino Scratches. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/12/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33347, p9
The article reports on the status of the two proposals to develop and to operate a racino at the Aqueduct racetrack in New York City.
- Cicero jockeying to acquire track from Bidwills. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;3/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the decision of Cicero town president to Ramiro Gonzalez to sell the Sportsman's Park racetrack to a developer who can build a convention center at the site. Prospective developer for the site; Comments of the track's owner Jockey Club chairwoman Patricia Bidwill about the...
- Laing romps home to Â£50m Ascot win. // Contract Journal;1/8/2003, Vol. 416 Issue 6408, p8
Reports that Laing construction company has won the contract to redevelop the Ascot racecourse in Berkshire, England. Competitors for the contract; Overview of its planned improvements on the racecourse.