MMA's Doe: If History Is Guide, 2003 Will See Record Issuance
- Market Close: Election Year Tightens Belt on Municipal Issuance. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article offers information on the effect of election in the fall of 2014 in the U.S. on the potential resurgence in municipal bond issuance due to the reluctance of political leaders of cities and towns in beginning of new projects to take additional debt burdens. Topics discussed include...
- Northeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p32
The article presents a table, which provides information about the bonds issued in northeastern states of the U.S. Some of the bonds are: Drinking Water Fund, Municipal Bond Bank revenue bonds, School Building Authority revenue bonds, MTA revenue bonds, MTA dedicated tax fund bonds, and others.
- Kalamazoo, Mich., Lease Revs Downgraded to A1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34433, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has downgraded to A1 from Aa3 the city of Kalamazoo, Mich.'s lease revenue debt, with rental payments that are secured by the city's general obligation limited tax (GOLT) pledge.
- Outstanding Debt Reached $1.977 Trillion in 2Q, Fed Reports. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p6
Reports on the increase in the total amount of municipal debt outstanding in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2004. Bond sales by state and local governments; Categories of investors.
- MUNICIPAL DEBT: WHAT DOES IT BUY AND WHO BENEFITS? Galper, Harvey; Rueben, Kim; Auxier, Richard; Eng, Amanda // National Tax Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p901
This paper examines the incidence of the federal income tax exemption of interest on state and local bonds, applying a fixed-savings, simplified general equilibrium approach to estimate incidence effects on both the sources and uses of income. In contrast to traditional empirical work that...
- Rollover Risk Less In Munis. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p9
The article reports on the use of taxation to pay the municipal bonds offered in California. The use of taxation in paying the municipal bonds protects it from rollover risk. Rollover risk has been identified as the primary cause of the financial crisis in 2008 and the sovereign debt crisis in 2010.
- It's Bondholders' Move After Puerto Rico Defaults. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;1/5/2016, p1
Bondholders are expected to weigh litigation against intensified negotiations with Puerto Rico this month, after the commonwealth missed $37 million of debt payments.
- Southeast Bond Volume Hit by Drop in Taxable, Refunding Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34161, p1
The article reports that municipal bond issuers in Southeast of the U.S. sold 21.78 billion dollars of debt in the first six months of 2014. It discusses that Georgia was the only state in the Southeast on the plus side with 3.08 billion dollars in sales, a 4.7 percent increase from 2013. It...
- Oklahoma DFA 2004 Revs Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34086, p1
The article informs that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded its ratings on the 2004 industrial development taxable revenue bonds of the Oklahoma Development Finance Authority from A to A-plus. John Sugden, a credit analyst from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, states that the...