N.Y. MTA's Fulton Street Transit Center to Cost $750 Million
- Fast trains from Buffalo to NYC may become reality in five years. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/12/98-10/19/98, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the agreement reached between New York Governor George E. Pataki and Amtrak company concerning light rail project linking New York City and Albany. Cost of the infrastructure project; Details on the agreement.
- Moynihan Station's final push. Michaud, Anne // Crain's New York Business;10/2/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p3
This article reports that New York Governor George Pataki's economic development chiefs are trying to win approval for the Moynihan Station rail terminal. It is being challenged by top state Democrats. The project will create a destination terminal out of the Farley Post Office to ease the...
- N.Y.'s Pataki Unveils $6B Plan For Manhattan-JFK Direct Rail. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on New York Governor George E. Pataki and New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg's plan to pursue building a passenger rail line between lower Manhattan and John F. Kennedy International Airport. Proposed construction of a tunnel below the East River; Construction cost of the JFK rail...
- Metros. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2006, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p766
The article offers updates related to railroad transportation. In China, MTR Corp. has begun a year-long trial of light-emitting diode lighting developed by Hong Kong University of Science & Technology. In Spain, a new railroad station will be constructed at Rivas-Futura on Madrid Metro Line 9....
- A New PATH. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor George E. Pataki and New Jersey acting governor Donald T. DiFrancesco have announced a program to reestablish the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey's PATH commuter train service to lower Manhattan as of December 17, 2001. Development plans of bi-state agency;...
- Albany trims road repair budget by 5%. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the reduction of the road repair budget by New York Governor George Pataki. Impact of the reduction on construction jobs; Views of Ross J. Pepe, president of the Construction Industry Council of Westchester on the budget cuts; Amount allotted for road and bridge repair spending.
- Consensus on NY Transport Budget Plan. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30978, p1
Reports on the consensus on New York transportation budget plan. Agreement between Governor George Pataki and the Senate and Assembly majorities; Plans for a general obligation bond referendum; Structure of the bonds.
- Downtown needs Pataki. // Crain's New York Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the election campaign of Governor George Pataki of New York. Leadership qualities of Pataki; Steps for transportation improvement such as proposed rail link to Brooklyn and Queens; Criticism faced by the Governor.
- Lemon Law expanded to motorcycles. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;9/18/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 38, p28
New York's Lemon Law is no longer restricted to cars, but now includes motorcycle as well, thanks to a bill signed on Monday by Governor George Pataki that made the extension possible. Under provisions of the new law, people who purchase a defective motorcycle would be able to obtain a refund or...