GE Confirms FGIC is for Sale; Transaction Could Bring in $2 Billion
- PMI Leads Group Buying GE Unit. // American Banker;8/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 149, p9
General Electric Co. announced Monday that it had agreed to sell the bond insurer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. for $2.16 billion to a four-member consortium led by PMI Group Inc. Financial Guaranty is a New York company that provides financial guarantee policies for public finance and...
- G.E. Bond insurance Biz Sold For $2.2B. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/11/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 32, p27
Reports on the marketing of the bond insurance unit of General Electric to a consortium in New York. Support of the transaction to the global realignment strategy of General Electric; Part to the strategic business plan of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; Anticipation for the regulatory...
- Fitch Affirms Risk-Averse FGIC's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p29
Reports on the insurer rating of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- Radian Bidding On GE's FGIC? // National Mortgage News;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p2
Reports that Radian Group Inc. is one of a handful of bidders interested in acquiring Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., a bond insurer owned by the General Electric Co.
- FGIC U.K. grows into euro-player in just a year. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;12/12/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p19
The article presents information on the performance of the London, England branch of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC). Within one year of opening its London office FGIC has grown into a major euro-player. The monoline insurer has achieved market acceptance across a spectrum of deals that...
- PMI Group Buys Controlling Stake in FGIC from GE Capital for $2.16 Bil. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;8/11/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the agreement of PMI Group Inc. to buy Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. from General Electric Capital in the U.S. Worth of the stake rate; Terms of the agreement; Benefits of the business acquisition.
- In the Deal Flow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p33
Presents a list of major merger and acquisition deals announced in August 2003. General Electric Co. and Transamerica Finance; Investor Group+ and Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; PNC Financial Services Group Inc. and United National Bancorp.
- GE completes Australia sale. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/27/2015, pA02
The article reports on the sale of the consumer finance unit of home appliance company General Electric Co. to a consortium including KKR, Varde Partners and Deutsche Bank in 2015.
- FGIC Stays in the Game. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p1
The article reports on the solicitation bids for insurance having Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. as the prospect guarantor for the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District's planned sale of 300 million dollars in refunding and new money revenue bonds to pay for repairs to the damaged...