Texas House: 'Robin Hood' Could Be History By 2004
- Texas Governor: Special Session on School Finance 'Imminent' Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p30
Reports on the plan to Texas Governor Rick Perry to call the Legislature back into special session to try hash out a new school finance formula. Constitutional amendment on state taxes; Replacement of the school finance formula; Proponents of business tax proposals.
- Texas School Districts Learn to Budget During Lean Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p8
Reports on budget deficits facing school districts in Texas. School finance formula by Governor Rick Perry and other lawmakers; Texas school finance law; Lawsuit by school districts against the school formula; Plans of the Carroll district to have a bond election at the end of 2004 to finance...
- Texas' Perry Signs School Finance Bill That Cuts Maximum Property Tax Rate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p4
The article reports Texas Governor Rick Perry's signing of HB1 into law. The bill is a major component of a school finance reform package approved in May 2006 by the state Legislature. The measures provides a reduction in the maximum property tax rate that school districts may levy a period of...
- Texas Lawmakers Likely to Need Another Session for School Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p7
Reports on the encouragement of governor Rick Perry for legislators to take time to address the issue with public education finance in Texas. Importance of funding the children's education and providing relief for property taxpayers to the future of the state; Constitutional amendments proposed...
- Teacher training a vital part of 65% solution for Texas schools. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p11
The article focuses on the proposal of Texas Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to require school districts to spend 65 percent of their budgets on direct classroom instruction. The definition of direct classroom instruction involves activities associated with the...
- Gov. Perry awards more than $1 million in DATE grants to Abilene ISD. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the $1 million fund awarded by Texas Governor Rick Perry to the Abilene Independent School District through the District Awards for Teaching Excellence (DATE).
- Teacher Training a Vital Part of 65% Solution for Texas Schools. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);7/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
The article discusses the importance of teacher training in the school system of Texas. Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) suggested that school districts in Texas should be necessitated to spend 65 percent of their finances on direct classroom instruction. Teacher training...
- 'Letter from Alamo goes viral among Texas teachers. // East Bernard Express (TX);3/24/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p4
The article focuses on the open letter from John Kuhn, superintendent of the Perrin-Whitt Consolidated Independent School District in West Texas concerning the intention of Governor Rick Perry to cut spending for schools rather than using the Rainy Day Fund for the 2012-2013 budget.
- Tax Cap Debate. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p31
Reports on the proposal of Texas Governor Rick Perry on cap on local property tax increase. School finance reform package; Reduction of homestead property appraisals; Formula for raising tax revenue.