Dallas Area Rapid Transit's $1 Billion Rail Project Could See 3-Year Delay
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit Raises Debt Service 16%, Cuts Budget 8%. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;9/29/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33591, p3
The article reports that Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) in Dallas, Texas will raise 16% for its debt service as part of the company's expansion plan for its light-rail system in 2012.
- DART Hits the Spot With Upgrade and Strong Fiscals. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/1/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33656, p5
The article reports on the positive credit score of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) from Fitch Ratings Ltd. It notes that the rating agency's credit score of DART has hit a lift from AA to AA-minus with upgrades and strong fiscal position. Fitch analyst Larry Levitz claims that recession-led...
- DART Plans $800M for Light Rail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32544, p1
The article reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Co. (DART) is expecting to sell an approximately $800 million of sales tax revenue bonds in Dallas, Texas. The $800 million sale will finance the $2.5 billion expansion program which will double the city's light-rail system mileage....
- DART approves FY04 budget. Kube, Kathi // Trains;Dec2003, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the approval of the operating budget for the fiscal year 2004 of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) as of December 2003. Amount of the DART budget; Elimination of full-time salaried positions in September 2003; Reduction on bus and rail services based on demand.
- Big DART Deal to Clear Way for Light Rail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32562, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit to refinance short-term debt to double its light-rail system mileage as part of the negotiated sale of $750 million of senior-lien sales tax refunding bonds for the second week of February 2007 in Texas. Proceeds from the bonds...
- Dallas Rapid Transit Explores Ways to Keep Light-Rail Projects on Schedule. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;1/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32801, p32
The article reports on efforts of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) to explore all options available to close a funding gap to keep planned light-rail extension projects on schedule in Texas. The possible solution for this plan is to have a private contractor, to ask the Texas Legislature to...
- DART'S 28-mile Green Line opens. Harbour, Mike // Trains;Mar2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that Dallas Area Rapid Transit opened its 28-mile Green Line between southeast Dallas and northwest suburbs in Texas, on December 6, 2010.
- Quake delays delivery of first DART car. // Railway Age;Apr95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the Kobe earthquake delayed delivery of the light rail cars manufactured by Kinkysharyo USA and Itochu International for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Location of final assembly.
- DART Throwing $1 Billion Into Big New-Issue Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/15/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33131, p7
The article offers news briefs related to bonds in the U.S. in 2009. As of June 12, Municipal Market Data reveals that the generic triple-A general obligation scale in 2039 reflected at 4.73% at the close of trading. A $1 billion sales tax revenue offering was made by the Dallas Area Rapid...