- Spy Wars. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/17/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p54
The article reports on the comment of a senior U.S. Air Force (USAF) F-15 pilot regarding the French and Indian performances at September Red Flag. The pilot said that pilots flying Su-30MKIs for the Indian air force are still learning how to use the aircraft. The pilot also said that French...
- AIR FORCE CADETS. // Ebony;Feb1960, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p71
The article reports that Charles V. Bush, Isaac Payne IV and Robert Sims were the first among Negroes to join the U.S. Air force Academy in Colorado Springs in Colordao. It mentions that the academy provides four years of undergraduate program leading to a degree in Bachelors of Science. It...
- The Belated Ace of Asch. Guttman, Jon // World War II;Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p58
Profiles 1st Lieutenant and pilot Alden Peter Rigby of the U.S. Army Air Force. Contributions of Rigby to the victory of the Allied forces in the Battle of the Bulge; Educational background; Fighter planes piloted; Experiences in war; Co-pilots in the 352nd Fighter Group of the Eight Air Force.
- OPENING SHOT. // Boys' Life;Apr2013, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p4
A photograph of the 2013 graduating class of the U.S. Air Force Academy is presented.
- Psychological or psychosocial factors and health. Hornig-Rohan, Mady // Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p43
Presents an abstract of an article entitled `Psychosocial Correlates of Immune Responsiveness and Illness Episodes in U.S. Air Force Academy Cadets Undergoing Basic Cadet Training,' by D.J. Lee, R.T. Meehan, et. al., published in the 1995 issue of `Journal of Psychosomatic Research' about the...
- The evolution of Air Force targeting. // Airpower Journal;Fall94, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the evolution of Air Force's leadership in air targeting. World War I; Interwar years; World War II; Korean War; Vietnam conflict; Gulf War.
- Band of Gypsies. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p22
Features the U.S. Air Force air control squadrons. Deployment from locations around the world; Offer of a piece of the airborne battlefield picture to theater commanders; Nomadic lifestyle.
- The Fighter Associate Program. Byron, David // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the solution to the pilot training problems of the U.S. Air Force under the Fighter Associate Program. Agreement between the Air Force Reserve Command and Air Combat Command to begin the program; Share of resources; Number of required pilots; Creation of the Total Force Absorption...
- Abundance of Devices In Iraq Causing 'Electronic Fratricide' General Says. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;10/31/2005, Vol. 228 Issue 19, p3
The article reports that the proliferation of electronic devices is one of the problems facing the U.S. military in Iraq. According to Walter Buchanan, commander of the 9th Air Force and U.S. Central Command Air Forces, the proliferation of electronic systems has also impacted pilots flying...