Acquisitions & Partnerships
- Apex Learning Expands Content With Planned Acquisition of Beyond Books. // Electronic Education Report;6/6/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the acquisition by online course provider Apex Learning of interactive online textbook publisher Beyond Books. Expansion and enhancement of Apex's business model; Extension of Apex Class Tools line; Apex's plans of maintaining the Beyond Books headquarters and staff in Pennsylvania.
- Thomson Teams Up with Sakai for Course Management System Offering. // Educational Marketer;4/16/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the strategic partnership between Thomson Learning Corp. (TLC), a provider of education and training assessment solutions, with nonprofit organization, Sakai Foundation to establish an open source course platform in the U.S. The partnership will enable TLC to offer course...
- Partnerships & Alliances... // Educational Marketer;5/12/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p7
Reports on consolidation and merger of corporations involved in the educational publishing business in the United States as of May 12, 2003. McGraw-Hill Higher Education Group's alliance with eInstruction Corp.; Exclusive agreement of McGraw-Hill/Irwin with Carnegie Mellon University;...
- While Acquisitions Slow, Alliances Continue Popularity with Publishers. // Electronic Education Report;5/9/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p5
Reports that alliances and partnerships continue apace as publishers look to augment products to address school needs or broaden their reach through new distribution channels in the U.S. Strategic alliance of Learning.com with textbook publisher Pearson Scott Foresman; Team up of QuickMind Inc....
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Columbus, Ohio-based handwriting textbook publisher Zaner-Bloser Educational Publishers has teamed-up with Portland, Oregon-based instructional software tools provider Inspiration Software Inc. to develop graphic organizer templates to support Zaner-Bloser's "Strategies...
- Strategic alliance in education technology. // e.learning age;Mar2007, p2
The article reports on a strategic alliance formed by Tata Interactive Systems (TIS) with Words & Numbers (W&N), a content developer to educational publishers in the U.S. TIS provides services in educational technology to educational publishers in the K-12 level. According to Sanjaya Sharma,...
- Apex Learning Lays Off 55 Employees, Focuses On New Business Model. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the dismissal of employees at Apex Learning Inc. in the United States. Goal of the company; Impact of the layoff on company's capital funding; Development of online Advance Placement courses.
- Online AP Course Preparation. // T H E Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p38
Features the online program, ClassTools from Apex Learning Inc. in Bellevue, Washington. Services offered by the program; Details about the courses; Inclusion of teachers guide, testing supplements and passwords in the courses.
- SWOT Analysis. // Houghton Mifflin Company SWOT Analysis;Apr2007, p5
A business analysis of Houghton Mifflin Co., a publisher engaged in publishing textbooks, instructional technology, assessments and other educational materials, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include strong...