Pearson Reigns in U.S. College; Houghton Outpaces the Pack
- HM: Sales Rose 5% in '03; Will Decline in '04. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the increase in the revenue posted by publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. in 2003. Total sales during the year; Sales gains experienced by its educational publishing divisions; Factors that contributed to such increases.
- Sales Up 8% at HM, Income Dips. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the earnings posted by Houghton Mifflin for 1998. Revenues and operating income of the company; Publishing groups which posted gains in the year; Sales of other segment of Houghton Mifflin.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p6
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin's third-quarter results will fall short of expectations. Net sales of the firm for the third-quarter; Reasons for the lower than anticipated sales; Expected net sales for the fourth quarter.
- Profits Soar At Houghton. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p16
Reports on the increase in the 2000 second-quarter revenue of Houghton Miflin due to an increase in sales of its elhi publishing segment. Amount of the income increase; Segments that led the sales increases.
- Large Print Publishers Experience Mixed Results In K-12 Sales in the First Six Months of 2006. // Electronic Education Report;8/25/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p1
The article presents information on financial results of K-12 sales of various companies in the first six months of 2006. Pearson Education Inc., a large educational publisher, increased its revenue by 20.4% to $2.12 billion from the first six months of 2005. Pearson Education Inc. recorded an...
- Houghton Mifflin K-12 Revenue Increases 8.9% In 2005; College Revenue Grows 3.4%. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the increase in revenue of the K-12 Publishing and College Publishing divisions of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. during the year 2005. The company reported a revenue increase of 8.9 percent from K-12 Publishing and 3.4 percent from college publishing....
- Houghton Mifflin Claims 39% Share Of Titles Ordered In Florida. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p5
Reports that Houghton Mifflin Co. has claimed thirty nine percent share of the volume of titles in the K-12 social studies adoption ordered in Florida.
- News Briefs …. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p8
The article offers news briefs on publishing firms in the U.S. Horizon Textbook Publishing has released the fourth edition of the book "Understanding Algebra for College Students" in October 2006. Houghton Mifflin has released two books "The Enduring Vision: A History of the American People,"...
- Oprah, Movie Tie-In Volatility Hits Houghton Mifflin in 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on the decline of the 2005 sales of Houghton Mifflin Co., a book publishing company in the U.S. The decline was blamed on the lack of movie tie-in revenue from the 2004 film "The Polar Express." Other factor was the diminishing sales from the 2004 Oprah Book Club pick "The...