Kaplan Higher Education Plans to Acquire its First School in Nevada
- Kaplan Wins Three First Chair Awards. Feinstein, Danielle // InsideCounsel;Oct2011, Vol. 22 Issue 238, p72
The article announces that Kaplan Higher Education (KHE) has received awards from the legal organization First Chair, including the Top General Counsel award for Janice Block, Rising Star award for Lisa Seilheimer, and Top In-House Legal Department award.
- Ohio colleges consider consolidating some administrative tasks. MAGAW, TIMOTHY // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p8
The article offers information on colleges and universities of Ohio, that are planning to consolidate their administrative services. It states that the universities are consolidating to increase the efficiency and reduce the higher education budget. It mentions that the Inter-University Council...
- Kaplan Charged with Race Discrimination. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses a court case wherein the Kaplan Higher Education Corp., allegedly engaged in a pattern or practice of unlawful race discrimination by refusing to hire a class of black of African American job applicants nationwide.
- Kaplan Charged with Race Discrimination. Livingston, Lisette // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p11
The article reports that the Kaplan Higher Education Corp. was accused of race discrimination by denying to employ a class of African American job applicants.
- Kaplan Charged with Race Discrimination. Livingston, Lisette // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;1/5/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p11
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to Kaplan Higher Education Corp. regarding the rejection of Kaplan to hire a class of African American applicants nationwide.
- Reality Programming. Block, Janice // InsideCounsel;Apr2010, Vol. 21 Issue 220, p8
In this article the author offers suggestions on how to make sure that front-line managers embrace and effectively enforce corporate policies, based on the strategies of of-profit organization Kaplan Higher Education. One is to create a culture of compliance which requires senior managers and...
- Kaplan colleges sued for screening with credit histories. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Feb2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) sued Kaplan Higher Education Corp. alleging the use of its credit histories in job applicants' screening.
- For-Profit Career Colleges See Revenue, Enrollment Growth in Third Quarter. // Educational Marketer;11/12/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p3
The article focuses on the economic performances of the universities and colleges in the U.S. The EM Index demonstrates that the top for-profit career operators establish remarkable revenue performance in the third-quarter evaluation including Career Education Corp., Kaplan Higher Education, and...
- Kaplan colleges sued for screening with credit histories. // HR Specialist: Ohio Employment Law;Feb2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses a court case wherein the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) sued Kaplan Higher Education Corp. alleging the disparate impact of Kaplan's use of credit histories in screening applicants on the African Americans.