Texas Health Resources, in the Clear With the IRS, Will Sell $300 Million
- Southeast invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;10/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30752, p23
Reports on NewCare Health Corp.'s missed debt service payment for an issue sold through the Tarrant County Health Facilities Development Corp. Bonds issued for Doctors Hospital in Groves, Texas; Structure of the bond.
- Baylor Health Plans $83M In Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p1
Reports the plans of the Tarrant County Health Facilities Development Corp. to sell hospital refunding revenue bonds in Dallas, Texas. Use of the proceeds in refinancing the debt of the All Saints Healthcare System Inc.; Effect of the Internal Revenue Service regulations on the Baylor Health...
- Health care. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p16A
Presents information on health care issuers bonds in 1997. Percentage increase in the number of financings for the first three quarters from 1996 to 1997; Bonds issued by the Tarrant County Health Facilities Development Corporation and North Central Texas Health Facilities Corporation.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p37
Presents a chart depicting the legislative status of bond buyers in the U.S. Enactment of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program; Status of the Internet Tax Nondiscriminant Act; Provisions of the clean water state revolving fund loan program.
- A Quirk in Volume Cap Hike Penalizes 29 Largest States. Ferris, Craig T.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p1
Reports the increase on the cost-of-living in the private-activity bond volume cap in the U.S. Information on the volume cap increase provision; Limitation on the volume cap; Basis for the inflation adjustment.
- Fate of tax law proposals affecting bonds is still unclear. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p1
Discloses that it is still uncertain whether several bond-related tax law changes will be enacted in 1997. Moves by the House and Senate to each adopt their own tax-cutting programs; United States President Bill Clinton's release of his own comprehensive tax cut plan. INSET: Mirror company,...
- IRS ruling: Airport PFCs fail private-payment test. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p5
Focuses on the Internal Revenue Service's private-letter ruling released in September 1997, which deemed bonds backed by passenger facility charges that finance airport improvements for private businesses as private-activity bonds and are thus subject to alternative minimum tax. Terms of the...
- Appeals court: Individual cannot depreciate tax-exempt bonds. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the ruling of the US Federal Court of Appeals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma exempting individual for depreciation deductions for alleged life interest in tax-exempt bonds. Background on the case involving tax attorney Julian P. Kornfeld; Legislative basis of the court's decision.
- Tax Negotiators Moving Slowly; New Bond Provisions Added. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p4
Reports on the efforts of United States House and Senate tax negotiators to hammer out a compromise between both chambers' tax measures that contain tax-exempt bond provisions. Points of contention between Democrats and Republicans; Key provisions of the bills.