Facing Congestion, Congress Mulls Lifting Restrictions on Federal Tolls
- Bill Boosts Garvee Bonds. Willaimson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/5/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33742, p5
The article informs that the passage of the U.S. Moving Ahead For Progress in the 21st Century Act will enable states in the U.S. to accelerate highway construction projects by the use of GARVEE bonds.
- Raising the Limit. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p29
Reports on the passage of the legislative bill increasing the debt limit of West Virginia Parkways Authority allowing the agency to sell more bonds to accelerate road improvement projects.
- Virginia Panel OKs $1.62B in Road Debt. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p1
The article reports on the passage of a package of bills by the House of Delegates committee that could lead to the issuance of at least $1.62 billion in tax-exempt transportation revenue bonds over five years in Virginia. The bill was aimed to address the growing transportation needs through...
- Florida Governor Signs Off on Road Projects, New Transportation Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p3
Reports that Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida, has signed a bill to increase the process of completion of $425 million of road projects that could create 18,000 jobs. Authorization of $200 million in federal grant-backed transportation bonds; Details of the economic stimulus package proposed by...
- S.C. Lawmakers Prepare Development, Highway Measures. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p3
The article reports that South Carolina lawmakers have pre-filed several legislative bills to be considered this year that are bond-related measures addressing growth and economic development needs in the state. The legislative session is scheduled to begin on January 11. One bill would allow...
- Alabama to Boost Garvee Program with Backup Pledge. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article informs that Robert Bentley, Governor of Alabama has planned to sign a bill authorizing the use of state gasoline taxes as a backup pledge for bolstering the future issuances of Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicle bonds (GARVEE). Topics discussed include addition of security for...
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Agency to Price $478 Million, Including Swap. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission will price $477.7 million in restructured new-money deal that will include the first portion of variable debt issued to fund construction of a road project. Efforts of the commission to generate cost savings; Intentions of the commission behind...
- ARKANSAS: Wishing Upon STAR Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33486, p7
The article reports on the proposal of the Arkansas Senate Committee on State Agencies and Governmental Affairs which has endorsed a bill that would allow cities to issue bonds for development districts, with the debt supported by state sales tax revenue acquired within the districts.
- Massachusetts bill to retire old debt while approving additional GOs. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p4
Reports on the introduction of a bill in Massachusetts that will retire $274 million in old debt. Approval of additional general obligation bonds; Funding of the defeasance.