California Panel OKs $5 Billion Water Referendum
- Monterey Peninsula Water Gets Bond Green Light. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;9/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34185, p1
Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill authorizing a bond issuance for the Monterey Peninsula's water project.
- Downpours, then delays? Stiles, Dean // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Dec2009, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p6
The article examines the relevance and the status of the British Flood and Water Management bill. The importance of the bill was evidenced by the flooding in Cumbria, England in 2009. A report by Infrastructure Planning Commission chairman Sir Michael Pitt emphasizes the need to take a holistic...
- Water infrastructure needs money poured in. // Public Works;Dec2007, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p17
The article reports that the Water Infrastructure Network (WIN) is advocating for increased federal funds for water infrastructure in the U.S. According to WIN, the goal of sustained water quality will be hampered by lack of adequate funding for infrastructure rehabilitation and replacement. WIN...
- The poorest covered by social net. // Finance Week;8/18/2003 Corporate Survey, p6
Focuses on the level of service provided by Johannesburg Water in South Africa. Quality of recycled water; Sewerage treatment process; Improvement in quality monitoring processes; Bacterial compliance. INSETS: Why it's safe.;Informal settlements require special solutions..
- Spatial and temporal variation of drinking water quality in ten small Quebec utilities. Coulibaly, H.D.; Rodriguez, M.J. // Journal of Environmental Engineering & Science;Jan2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p47
Presents a study of spatial and temporal variation of distributed water quality in municipal drinking water utilities in Quebec. Key parameters responsible for the differences between the groups of utilities; Capacity of studied utilities to handle the acute disease risk associated with...
- Water companies may be prosecuted. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/10/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6798, p328
Reports the issuance of enforcement notices on water companies for the improvement of water treatment in Great Britain. Assessment of water quality; Detection of pathogenic bacteria; Legal actions issued concerning negligence of the companies.
- Arkansas Water Utility Set to Issue First Post-Merger Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p4
Reports the marketing of revenue bonds by the Central Arkansas Water utility in Arkansas. Improvement of the infrastructure; Expansion of the city utility services; Answer to the needs of the residents.
- Following Moody's Drop, Birmingham Water Board Readies $300M Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p5
Reports the move of Waterworks and Sewer Board to sell insured revenue bonds in Birmingham, Alabama. Impetus to the move; Value of the bonds; Purpose of the proceeds.
- New Florida Water Authority hopes to increase bond flow. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p1
Reports on six Florida governments' approval of a restructuring pact that will generate that will replace the West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority with a regional utility called Tampa Bay Water. Expectation for the deal to generate as much as $475 million of water revenue bonds in 1999;...