Municipals Firm; Issuers Bring More Than $1 Billion to Market
- MMA's Doe: If History Is Guide, 2003 Will See Record Issuance. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p1
The municipal bond issuance has risen since 2000 after the end of a recession, according to president of Municipal Market Advisors Inc., Thomas G. Doe. 2003 is the third year since the National Bureau of Economic Research declared the end of a recession, Doe said at a session called â€œThe...
- Northeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p32
The article presents a table, which provides information about the bonds issued in northeastern states of the U.S. Some of the bonds are: Drinking Water Fund, Municipal Bond Bank revenue bonds, School Building Authority revenue bonds, MTA revenue bonds, MTA dedicated tax fund bonds, and others.
- Issuers Bring $1B-Plus in New Deals; Treasuries Gain, Along With Equities. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p2
Municipal bonds firmed on June 4, 2003, while issuers brought to market more than one billion dollars in major loans, led by a 357 million dollar New York State Dormitory Authority lease revenue bond deal. In addition, revised first quarter non-farm productivity rose 1.9 percent and non-farm...
- South Dakota Wins AAA Rating from S&P. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/5/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's upgraded its rating on South Dakota to AAA, giving the state one of only a handful of prized top ratings.
- Kalamazoo, Mich., Lease Revs Downgraded to A1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34433, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has downgraded to A1 from Aa3 the city of Kalamazoo, Mich.'s lease revenue debt, with rental payments that are secured by the city's general obligation limited tax (GOLT) pledge.
- Understanding Bank Qualified Municipal Bonds. DeMasi, Jim // Community Banker;Jan2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
The article provides information on the U.S. bank-qualified (BQ) municipal bond. For a municipal bond to be bank-qualified, it must meet the criteria set forth in the federal tax code. According to the tax regulations, a municipal bond is BQ if the total dollar volume of securities issued by the...
- IRS: Major Audits to Come on Derivatives, 501 (c) (3) Deals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p26
The article reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) launch of two "significant" enforcement initiatives by early summer 2006. The IRS is also planning to revamp its operations manual and create a parallel voluntary closing agreement regime. According to agency official...
- Nevada Is Looking To Liquor. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;2/5/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33856, p1
The article reports that Brian Sandoval, Governor of Nevada, has proposed issuing of general obligation (GO) bond of 58 million U.S. dollars in his budget of 6.55 billion U.S. dollars for the year 2013 to the year 2015 biennium. It mentions that the GO bonds would be repaid by using revenue...
- IRS, lawyers' involvement in muni audit cases questioned. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30318, p4
Focuses on the concerns raised by municipal bond attorneys on whether the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is using the municipal-bond audit program to make new rules. Features of the discussion on how issuers can gain a forum for challenging an IRS determination of taxability; Issue of...