Congress Set to Limit Bush's Plan
- Go to the Head of the Investor Class. Bing, Stanley // Fortune;2/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p140
Presents the author's experience of defining social class. Definition from President George W. Bush of the investor class; Relation of the investor class to Bush's proposal for tax free dividends; Outline of benefits and responsibilities of tax free dividends; Advocation for financial investments.
- Investors must gaze beyond Bush's re-election. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);11/24/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, pB14
Suggests what investors should do following the re-election of United States President George W. Bush. Reduction of bond holdings because of the possible rise in interest rates and inflation; Importance of emphasizing stock dividends; Investment in companies that will not face increased regulation.
- Industry At A Glance. // Investment Management Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Presents news briefs concerning the U.S. investment sector, as of February 2003. Investment strategies added by Wells Capital Management to its stable of investment offerings in light of its acquisition on Montgomery Asset Management; Effects of the 2003 state of the union address of U.S....
- Show us the money. Fox, Justin // Fortune;2/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p76
Discusses the stock market and dividends. Discussion of the economist John Burr Williams and his ideas concerning the stock market; Mention of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Discussion of the role dividends have played for investors in the 20th century.
- Market on Pins and Needles Over Congress' Tax Plan Action. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p6
The municipal bond market of the U.S. may have to wait, before Congress makes a decision on whether to include in a tax bill all, some, or none of the U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate shareholder taxes on dividends. But Congress could act to increase the Treasury's debt...
- The Impact of the 2003 Tax Act. Feely, Pam // Advisor Today;Sep2003, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Effect of the tax treatment of dividends and capital gains created by the act on the investment choices made by financial advisors and their clients; Change in the selection of...
- A Tale of Two Investors. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;1/13/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p4
Examines two types of investors, as victims and as victimizers. Effect of protecting stockholder interest on firefighters who are investors; Proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush on the taxation of dividends.
- Dividends: How Bush's tax cut would affect investors. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;5/30/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p8
Discusses the effect on investors of U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to eliminate taxes that shareholders pay on corporate dividends. Definition of dividend taxes; Affect on the economy; Savings from the elimination of dividend taxes.
- Groups Call For Easing Restrictions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p1
The article reports on the call among municipal market groups in the U.S. to include proposals that would ease restrictions on bonds in the economic stimulus package. The call for easing municipal bond restrictions came as U.S. President George W. Bush threw his support behind drafting a...