UMass Capital Plan Nixed
- UMass Reorg? Angelo, Jean Marie // University Business;Apr2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the probable budget cut for the University of Massachusetts system as of 2003. Increase in student fees; Proposal by Republican Governor Mitt Romney, to eliminate University system president William Bulger from his position; Estimated cost to run the office of Bulger.
- It's the economy, candidates. Swanson, Ian // Hill;4/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p3
The article reports that U.S. politician Mitt Romney stated that the 2012 election will be all about the economy.
- Romney has no base. Stoddard, A. B. // Hill;2/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p33
The article comments on the defeat of U.S. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in the elections held in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado in 2012.
- MA Universities Face 18% Loss. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;6/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p22
The Massachusetts House of Representatives, facing a budget gap of more than $2 billion, would reduce state support for the University of Massachusetts (UMass) system by $80 million, an 18 percent cut. However, the House rejected Republican Governor Mitt Romney's most ambitious plan--a proposal...
- Massachusetts Republicans: The 2004 Challenge to Democratic Legislative Hegemony. Cunningham, Maurice T. // New England Journal of Political Science;Fall2008, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p30
The article studies the electoral challenge the Massachusetts Republican Party mounted in 2004 to the Democratic Party dominance of the state legislature. It discusses the district level independent variables which include the percent of independent voters in the district, the percent candidate...
- HITTING THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL. Pals, Logan // New York Times Upfront;1/14/2008, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses the author's experience as a volunteer for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign in Iowa.
- Romney's Etch-a-Sketch. Hull, Karen // BAGnewsNotes;3/22/2012, p2
The article reports on the political campaign of Willard Mitt Romney who is a candidate for the 2012 Republican Party presidential nomination in the U.S.
- Mitt sees Midwest as path to 270. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;6/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 79, p1
The article focuses on the U.S. presidential election's campaigning strategy of Mitt Romney who is the presumptive nominee of the country's Republican Party for President of the U.S. in the 2012 election.
- Waiting for the debates. Stoddard, A. B. // Hill;9/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 115, p33
The author comments on the presidential campaign of U.S. Senator Mitt Romney.