Plumes in Heleï¿½Shaw cells
- Aerosol Dynamics in the Near Field of Engine Exhaust Plumes. Wu, J.; Menon, S. // Journal of Applied Meteorology;Apr2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4
Investigates the effect of large- and small-scale turbulent on engine exhaust plumes in the study of aerosol dynamics. Sulfuric acid aerosol distribution on engine exhaust plume; Environmental impact of particles emitted by aircraft flight in the upper atmosphere; Implementation of aerosol...
- Thermal and electrohydrodynamic plumes. A comparative study. Vazquez, P.A.; Perez, A.T.; Castellanos, A. // Physics of Fluids;Aug96, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p2091
Focuses on self-similar thermal and electrohydrodynamic (EHD) plumes. High electrostatic potential supported by sharp metallic contours submerged in nonconducting liquids; Analysis of axisymmetric plumes for large values of Prandtl number; Validity of approximations for EHD plumes.
- Eulerian analysis of concentration fluctuations in dispersing plumes and puffs. Thomson, David J. // Physics of Fluids;Aug97, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p2349
Presents an Eulerian analysis of second-order moments of concentration fluctuations in dispersing plumes and puffs. Parametrizations of the transport and dissipation of concentration variance in a second-order closure model; Constraints in the constants used in the parametrization of the...
- Lagrangian simulation of the unsteady near field dynamics of planar buoyant plumes. Soteriou, M. C.; Dong, Y.; Cetegen, B. M. // Physics of Fluids;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p3118
The unsteady dynamics of planar plumes is investigated numerically with particular emphasis on the pulsating instability characterizing the source (nozzle) near field. This instability manifests itself as the periodic shedding of vortical structures from the nozzle. The Lagrangian Transport...
- Interaction of wide band gap single crystals with 248 nm excimer laser radiation. V. The role... Ermer, D.R.; Langford, S.C. // Journal of Applied Physics;2/1/1997, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p1495
Studies the formation of a fluorescent plume from magnesium oxide during pulsed laser irradiation of wide band gap materials at subband gap photon energies. Ion and neutral mass spectrometry; Langmuir probe measurements; Plume fluorescence measurements; Temporal behavior of detected emissions.
- Ridge-plume interactions or mantle heterogeneity near Ascension island? Minshull, T.A.; Bruguier, N.J.; Brozena, J.M. // Geology;Feb98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p115
Presents information on the possible plume influence due to certain factors present within the Ascension and Bode Verde Fracture zones. Detailed information on these factors; Reference to thermal anomalies; Consequences of these factors on the outcome.
- On the Dynamics of Î² Plumes. Özgökmen, Tamay M.; Crisciani, Fulvio // Journal of Physical Oceanography;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p3569
The dynamics of zonal recirculating flows (Î² plumes) driven by a source of potential vorticity, or a sink of mass, located at the eastern boundary of an ocean basin are investigated using analytical solutions of the barotropic, linear, steady quasigeostrophic equation with bottom and lateral...
- Experiments on the oscillatory behavior of buoyant plumes of helium and helium-air mixtures. Cetegen, Baki M.; Kasper, Kent D. // Physics of Fluids;Nov96, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p2974
Examines the oscillatory behavior of axisymmetric buoyant plumes of helium and helium-air mixtures for a range of nozzle diameters, source velocities and plume densities. Pulsation frequencies from total pressure fluctuations along the plume centerline; Periodic oscillations of plume...
- As Oil Plumes Are Confirmed, Scientist Calculating Flow Rate Blasts BP. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;6/ 6/2010, p11
A blog on the confirmation by the U.S. government of the underwater oil plumes discovered in the Gulf of Mexico is presented.
- Further Studies Using a Novel Free Molecule Rocket Plume Model. Woronowicz, Michael // AIP Conference Proceedings;2003, Vol. 663 Issue 1, p588
This paper describes some recent studies conducted using a set of analytic point source transient free molecule equations generated to model behavior ranging from molecular effusion to rocket plumes. These studies include comparisons to experimental data regarding steady flow from a sonic...