A computer-controlled turbidity apparatus
- Bubble replaces dirty window. Borntrager, Dan; Fillon, Mike; Shuldiner, Herb; Weissler, Paul; Wilson, Ashley // Popular Mechanics;Oct98, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the technique devised by Mark Johnson, scientist of North West Water, to use an air bubble in place of glass on the instrument that measures turbidity. How turbidity indicators work; First application of the air bubble.
- TurbiCheck WL Turbidimeter with White Light Source. // International Environmental Technology;Aug2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p60
A preview of the TurbiCheck WL turbidimeter from Lovibond is presented.
- Remote sensing of water quality in wastewater reservoirs: pilot plant studies Adin, A.; Furer, O.; dor, I.; Ben-Yosef, N. // Water Science & Technology;1993, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p29
No abstract available.
- Renormalized Ising behavior of critical nonionic surfactant solution. Kubota, Kenji; Kita, Rio // Journal of Chemical Physics;7/8/1998, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p711
Examines the behavior of heptaethyleneglycol mono-n-tetradecyl ether in an aqueous tetramethylammonium chloride solution. Application of turbidity and light scattering measurements in the study; Visibility of renormalized critical behavior; Polydispersity effect on the critical behavior.
- Portable Turbidity Meter Offers Unsurpassed Accuracy. // Asian Environmental Technology;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p29
The article evaluates portable turbidity meter called HI 93102, offered by American company Hanna Instruments.
- Portable Turbidity Meter Offers Unsurpassed Accuracy. // International Environmental Technology;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p37
The article evaluates portable turbidity meter, HI 93102, manufactured by American company Hanna Instruments.
- Ultraviolet Fluorescence LiDAR (UFL) as a Measurement Tool for Water Quality Parameters in Turbid Lake Conditions. Palmer, Stephanie C. J.; Pelevin, Vadim V.; Goncharenko, Igor; Kovács, Attila W.; Zlinszky, András; Présing, Mátyás; Horváth, Hajnalka; Nicolás-Perea, Virginia; Balzter, Heiko; Tóth, Viktor R. // Remote Sensing;Sep2013, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p4405
Despite longstanding contributions to oceanography, similar use of fluorescence light detection and ranging (LiDAR) in lake settings is not routine. The potential for ship-mounted, multispectral Ultraviolet Fluorescence LiDAR (UFL) to provide rapid, high-resolution data in variably turbid and...
- An Investigation on Physical, Chemical and Microbial Quality of Isfahan Swimming Pool Waters Based on Standard Indicators. Nikaeen, Mahnaz; Hatamzadeh, Maryam; Dastjerdi, Marzieh Vahid; Hassanzadeh, Akbar; Mosavi, Zahra; Rafiei, Mehdi // Journal of Isfahan Medical School;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 108, p1
Background: Swimming is a recreational activity generally considered to be a healthy exercise. However, swimming pools may transmit a great number of infectious diseases, if not properly maintained, disinfected and monitored. The objective of the research was to investigate the water quality of...
- Atmospheric aerosol characteristics retrieved using ground based solar extinction studies at Mohal in the Kullu valley of northwestern Himalayan region, India. SHARMA, NAND; KUNIYAL, JAGDISH; SINGH, MAHAVIR; DHYANI, PITAMBER; GULERIA, RAJ; THAKUR, HARINDER; RAWAT, PAN // Journal of Earth System Science;Feb2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p221
Aerosol parameters are measured using a ground-based Multi-wavelength Radiometer (MWR) at Mohal (31.90Â°N, 77.11Â°E, 1154 m amsl) in the Kullu valley during clear sky days of a seasonal year. The study shows that the values of spectral aerosol optical depths (AODs) at 500 nm and the...