A computer-controlled turbidity apparatus
- Bubble replaces dirty window. Borntrager, Dan; Fillon, Mike; Shuldiner, Herb; Weissler, Paul; Wilson, Ashley // Popular Mechanics;Oct98, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the technique devised by Mark Johnson, scientist of North West Water, to use an air bubble in place of glass on the instrument that measures turbidity. How turbidity indicators work; First application of the air bubble.
- TurbiCheck WL Turbidimeter with White Light Source. // International Environmental Technology;Aug2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p60
A preview of the TurbiCheck WL turbidimeter from Lovibond is presented.
- Remote sensing of water quality in wastewater reservoirs: pilot plant studies Adin, A.; Furer, O.; dor, I.; Ben-Yosef, N. // Water Science & Technology;1993, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p29
No abstract available.
- Renormalized Ising behavior of critical nonionic surfactant solution. Kubota, Kenji; Kita, Rio // Journal of Chemical Physics;7/8/1998, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p711
Examines the behavior of heptaethyleneglycol mono-n-tetradecyl ether in an aqueous tetramethylammonium chloride solution. Application of turbidity and light scattering measurements in the study; Visibility of renormalized critical behavior; Polydispersity effect on the critical behavior.
- Ultraviolet Fluorescence LiDAR (UFL) as a Measurement Tool for Water Quality Parameters in Turbid Lake Conditions. Palmer, Stephanie C. J.; Pelevin, Vadim V.; Goncharenko, Igor; Kovács, Attila W.; Zlinszky, András; Présing, Mátyás; Horváth, Hajnalka; Nicolás-Perea, Virginia; Balzter, Heiko; Tóth, Viktor R. // Remote Sensing;
Despite longstanding contributions to oceanography, similar use of fluorescence light detection and ranging (LiDAR) in lake settings is not routine. The potential for ship-mounted, multispectral Ultraviolet Fluorescence LiDAR (UFL) to provide rapid, high-resolution data in variably turbid and...
- An Investigation on Physical, Chemical and Microbial Quality of Isfahan Swimming Pool Waters Based on Standard Indicators. Nikaeen, Mahnaz; Hatamzadeh, Maryam; Dastjerdi, Marzieh Vahid; Hassanzadeh, Akbar; Mosavi, Zahra; Rafiei, Mehdi // Journal of Isfahan Medical School;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 108, p1
Background: Swimming is a recreational activity generally considered to be a healthy exercise. However, swimming pools may transmit a great number of infectious diseases, if not properly maintained, disinfected and monitored. The objective of the research was to investigate the water quality of...
- Natural and modified zeolite utilization in submerged membrane reactor for potable water treatment. Soyer, E.; Erdim, E.; Tasiyici, S.; Koyuncu, I. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1-3, p201
In this study, zeolite addition as a pretreatment step in a submerged membrane system was investigated. The effect of natural and modified zeolite, modified zeolite concentration, particle size fractionation of modified zeolite and feed organic matter concentrations as well as turbidity were...
- Long-term variations of water quality parameters in the Maroon River, Iran. Tabari, Hossein; Marofi, Safar; Ahmadi, Mohammad // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Jun2011, Vol. 177 Issue 1-4, p273
Sixteen water quality parameters have been monitored at four stations located along the Maroon River during 1989-2008. The trend analysis was performed on seasonal and annual time-scales using the Mann-Kendall test, the Sen's slope estimator and the linear regression. The relationships of the...
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION STUDIES OF ECORITE PAC-2010 VIS-Ã€-VIS ALUM IN REMOVAL OF COLIFORMS FROM WATER. Kanfade, J. P.; Juneja, H. D.; Pande, S. P.; Joshi, M. P.; Khaty, N. T. // International Journal of Knowledge Engineering;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p50
This paper describes the performance evaluation studies of ECORITE PAC2010. ECORITE PAC2010 is a coagulant Poly Aluminum Chloride a product of M/s. Shriram Consolidated Limited (DSCL). The removal of coliforms from municipal water and their possible harmful effects are major problems to tackle,...