A computer-controlled turbidity apparatus
- Bubble replaces dirty window. Borntrager, Dan; Fillon, Mike; Shuldiner, Herb; Weissler, Paul; Wilson, Ashley // Popular Mechanics;Oct98, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the technique devised by Mark Johnson, scientist of North West Water, to use an air bubble in place of glass on the instrument that measures turbidity. How turbidity indicators work; First application of the air bubble.
- TurbiCheck WL Turbidimeter with White Light Source. // International Environmental Technology;Aug2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p60
A preview of the TurbiCheck WL turbidimeter from Lovibond is presented.
- Renormalized Ising behavior of critical nonionic surfactant solution. Kubota, Kenji; Kita, Rio // Journal of Chemical Physics;7/8/1998, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p711
Examines the behavior of heptaethyleneglycol mono-n-tetradecyl ether in an aqueous tetramethylammonium chloride solution. Application of turbidity and light scattering measurements in the study; Visibility of renormalized critical behavior; Polydispersity effect on the critical behavior.
- Remote sensing of water quality in wastewater reservoirs: pilot plant studies Adin, A.; Furer, O.; dor, I.; Ben-Yosef, N. // Water Science & Technology;1993, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p29
No abstract available.
- Ultraviolet Fluorescence LiDAR (UFL) as a Measurement Tool for Water Quality Parameters in Turbid Lake Conditions. Palmer, Stephanie C. J.; Pelevin, Vadim V.; Goncharenko, Igor; Kovács, Attila W.; Zlinszky, András; Présing, Mátyás; Horváth, Hajnalka; Nicolás-Perea, Virginia; Balzter, Heiko; Tóth, Viktor R. // Remote Sensing;
Despite longstanding contributions to oceanography, similar use of fluorescence light detection and ranging (LiDAR) in lake settings is not routine. The potential for ship-mounted, multispectral Ultraviolet Fluorescence LiDAR (UFL) to provide rapid, high-resolution data in variably turbid and...
- Heat capacity and turbidity near the critical point of succinonitrile-water. Nowicki, A. W.; Ghosh, Madhujit; McClellan, S. M.; Jacobs, D. T. // Journal of Chemical Physics;3/8/2001, Vol. 114 Issue 10
Both the heat capacity and the turbidity of the liquid-liquid mixture succinonitrile-water near its upper critical consolute point were measured and two amplitude relations were tested. Using an adiabatic calorimeter to measure the heat capacity and the transmitted light intensity to determine...
- An Investigation on Physical, Chemical and Microbial Quality of Isfahan Swimming Pool Waters Based on Standard Indicators. Nikaeen, Mahnaz; Hatamzadeh, Maryam; Dastjerdi, Marzieh Vahid; Hassanzadeh, Akbar; Mosavi, Zahra; Rafiei, Mehdi // Journal of Isfahan Medical School;Aug2010, Vol. 28 Issue 108, p1
Background: Swimming is a recreational activity generally considered to be a healthy exercise. However, swimming pools may transmit a great number of infectious diseases, if not properly maintained, disinfected and monitored. The objective of the research was to investigate the water quality of...
- Natural and modified zeolite utilization in submerged membrane reactor for potable water treatment. Soyer, E.; Erdim, E.; Tasiyici, S.; Koyuncu, I. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1-3, p201
In this study, zeolite addition as a pretreatment step in a submerged membrane system was investigated. The effect of natural and modified zeolite, modified zeolite concentration, particle size fractionation of modified zeolite and feed organic matter concentrations as well as turbidity were...
- Bacteriological Research through Vitek System of Waters in Lake "Livoqi" in Kosovo. Vehapi, Idriz; Kurteshi, Kemajl; Ismaili, Muharrem; Morina, Rifat // Journal of International Environmental Application & Science;Jul2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p318
The article offers the authors' insights on their bacteriological study on the waters of Lake Livoqi in Kosovo using the VITEK system. The authors cite various pathogenic organisms involved in the study including viruses, bacteria, and protozoa. They mention the approaches they used such as...