QF carbon offset push
- Productivity lost in tribal debate. Denniss, Richard // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/28/2015, p38
The article presents the author's views on the debate about the Australian climate policy and carbon pricing in Australia.
- New monitoring system for global forest carbon stocks. // Ecos;Dec2009/Jan2010, Issue 152, p29
The article reports on the development of the global tracking system, which produces assessment of carbon stocks in Australia.
- QF to reboot carbon offset program. // Travel Daily;6/5/2015, p5
The article reports on the re-launch of the Fly Carbon Neutral program of airline company Qantas Airways Ltd. which gives its domestic passengers the option of paying a small amount to offset carbon emissions associated with their flight.
- Proposed Federal Offset Rules. // C3 Views;May2008, Issue 23, p8
The article offers information on the proposed federal offset rules to be enacted in Canada. It mentions that projects must achieve real, incremental, quantified, verified and unique reductions of greenhouse gases occurring within the country, to be eligible to generate offset credits under the...
- The EU carbon market scam. Coehlo, Ricardo // Green Left Weekly;3/9/2011, Issue 871, p19
The article reports that the European Union (EU) opposes to the proposal of the U.S. to lessen carbon trading and offsetting as a form of compliance with mandated greenhouse gas emissions reductions, when the Kyoto Protocol was being negotiated in 1997.
- Why, oh why, are we still talking about RGGI? // njbiz;9/22/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p17
The author criticizes the idea of heavily-taxed businesses having to fund the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), the multistage cap-and-trade program that was created to limit harmful emissions and sell pollution permits on an open market.
- CLIMATE CHANGE: COUNTRIES ACTING NOW. // Air Quality & Climate Change;Aug2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, pEI-2
The article focuses on the measures taken by various countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It cites the implementation of carbon trading or taxation schemes at the trading partners of Australia, including China, Japan and the U.S. It notes the development of energy performance standards...
- For Suppliers, Carbon Management is Table Stakes. // Sustainable Business Weekly;2/1/2010, p2
The article offers information on the findings of a report by the Carbon Disclosure Project which cites the risks faced by suppliers who are not actively involved in the management of their green house emissions especially carbon emissions.
- 'Cap and trade' a bad approach. Zeeland, Bill Huizenga // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/8/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p11
A letter to the editor about the Waxman-Markey cap and trade legislation is presented.