Needed: A universal standard of care
- AIHce 2012: Redefining Our Future. Walter, Laura // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;6/19/2012, p1
The article presents information on an event hosted by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) that will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana in 2012.
- BRIEFS. // Occupational Hazards;Apr2002, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p22
Reports developments related to industrial safety in the U.S. as of April 2002. Participation of the American Industrial Hygiene Association in the Workplace Health and Safety Partnership Declaration; History of the establishment of the partnership; Survey on the average annual regulatory...
- Will worlds collide or merge? Minter, Stephen G. // Occupational Hazards;May99, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the American Industrial Hygiene Association's (AIHA) efforts to form partnerships and alliances between the fields of industrial hygiene and safety in the United States. AIHA President Jim Thornton's predictions of increased cooperation between the fields; Benefits of partnerships.
- Defining Our Mission. Levine, Steven P. // Occupational Hazards;Apr2000, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p35
Examines the mission of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and other occupational health and safety associations. Most important job of the leadership of AIHA; Occupational health and safety (OHS) trade associations; Government-mandated OHS program.
- Summit View. Minter, Stephen G. // Occupational Hazards;Sep2002, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p41
No abstract available.
- Our Need for Research. Gualardo, Samuel J. // Professional Safety;Sep2000, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Provides information on the safety research efforts of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE). Vision of ASSE on safety research; How ASSE is identifying, supporting and publishing applied research in safety; Details on their partnership with the American Industrial Hygiene...
- Open Comment Period for ANSI Z10 Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard Ends Soon. Smith, Sandy // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p1
The article offers information on the American Industrial Hygiene Association's (AIHA) ANSI Z10 standard, which calls for integration with other management systems to promote organizational effectiveness using Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) elements.
- Supporting exposure assessments. // Occupational Hazards;Apr94, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p15
Reports that the American Industrial Hygiene Association is supporting the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) plans for a generic exposure assessment standard. Effectiveness of approach to the recognition, evaluation and control of workplace health hazards; Five basic...
- AIHA reorganizes HQ operations. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the reorganization of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA). Comments from Steven Davis, executive director of AIHA on the changes made by the associations; Reasons behind the reorganization; Changes that implemented in the reorganization structure.