- Views. Lydon, Andrew; Spencer, Mike; Kay, Martin; Adamson, Andrew; Dawkins, David // Cabinet Maker;1/6/2006, Issue 5470, p6
The article shares the personal accounts of journalists regarding the financial performance of the furniture industry in the year 2005 in Great Britain. A well known high street furniture retailer has doubled its media spend only to see overall sales for this year 2006. One strategy of the...
- In IKEA we trust. // Cabinet Maker;5/15/2009, Issue 5637, p7
The article reports on the finding of the survey released at the World Retail Congress in Great Britain. One of the survey's findings is the reality that Swedish furniture retailer IKEA AB became one of the most trusted brands in the world. According to a spokesperson from IKEA, they are pleased...
- December ends on a high. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain in December 2005. The British Retail Consortium revealed that overall retail sales increased by 2.6 percent. The increase was attributed to bricks and mortar furniture retailers. Beds and sofas were...
- Store profitability takes hit as tough times continue. // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, FURNITURE STORE. pS3
Focuses on the business performance of furniture stores based on the annual Furniture Store Performance Report of the journal 'Furniture/Today.' Disclosure of the financial results of the industry; Measurement of the store's financial operations; Frequency of markdown sales.
- All Stores. // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, FURNITURE STORE. pS4
Presents charts depicting the market demand for furniture products and the financial performance of furniture stores as of September 2003. Sales percentage of master bedroom; Gross margin for casual dining furniture; Demand for bedding designs.
- Offers brighten October sales. // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p6
Reports on the positive financial performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Percentage of increase in retail sales; Factors contributing to the increase; Role of promotional activity in the trend.
- November 2005 trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;1/6/2006, Issue 5470, p26
The article reports on the financial performance of retailers in the furniture industry for the month of November 2005 in Great Britain. Compared with October, some 34 percent of retailers reported a decline in the value of sales, 9 percent had static sales and 57 percent reported an increase sales.
- China firm leaps into U.S. furniture retailing business. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;2/28/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p12
This article reports that Chinese furniture maker Longfa Group has opened Mermax Furniture & Garden on February 19 at Westfield Shoppingtown Fox Valley to enter into the U.S. retail market. The 13,000-square-foot store is owned by Longfa Group. Longfa Group is a privately held Beijing-based...
- Canada stores doing fine, factories struggle. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p48
The article reports that furniture and mattress retail stores in Canada have enjoyed solid sales growth in 2006, and most major economic indicators are expected to remain favorable in 2007. However, Canadian furniture makers have experienced a decline in domestic and export shipments since early...