Losing direction and a family formula
- Beds take centre stage with Ducal. // Cabinet Maker;12/08/2000, Issue 5217, p4
Highlights the 2000 Ducal At Home furniture trade show in Great Britain. Featuring of Ducal's pine furniture designs; Bed styles; Rattan furniture.
- Ducal viewed in four clicks of a mouse. // Cabinet Maker;3/14/2003, Issue 5328, p4
Reports on the enhancement of the web site of British furniture firm Ducal.
- Hammonds on track to grow. // Cabinet Maker;10/4/2002, Issue 5307, p4
Focuses on expansion plans of Richard Hammonds, the joint managing director of the furniture company Ducal. Plans for a nationwide expansion of the chain of furniture stores; Reason for expansion of the company.
- Ducal opens a door for rivals. // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2003, Issue 5332, p3
Reports on the closure of the factories of the furniture company Ducal in Great Britain. Number of dismissed staff; Plans of the firm to launch replacement product ranges; Benefits of the closure for the company.
- A gap too large to plug? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2003, Issue 5332, p3
Comments on the performance of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Closure of the factories of Ducal; Number of jobs lost in the furnishing manufacturing sector; Plans of the firms to move production overseas.
- Ducal. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p20
Features the Hampshire, England-based office cabinet manufacturer Ducal, recipient of the 1999 Furniture Industry Awards for its Sandpiper bookcase/hi-fi cabinet. Design of Sandpiper bookcase/hi-fi cabinet; Other finalists in the awards; Background of the Furniture Industry Awards.
- Ducal will beat return to profit forecast. // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p4
Highlights the assurance made by Silentnight chairman Keith Ackroyd to shareholders that cabinet firm Ducal will return to profitability quicker than expected.
- Ducal Marcs a special visitor. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p21
Reports on the special treatment given by furniture store Ducal to customer Marc Cole and family for being its 25,000th showroom visitor.
- Making a brand stand. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/1/2006, Issue 5503, p9
The article presents the author's comments on brand image, in the furniture industry, with reference to the company Ducal. The author states that the value of Ducal as a brand got diminished when it was shut down by Silentnight Group. The author suggests that to create a brand, a company or...