Marks & Spence homewares sales spring ahead by 9.3%
- #SB14London: Barry Digs Deep Into Challenges, Lessons Learned as M&S Embarks on Next Phase of 'Plan A'. Perella, Maxine // SB Business Weekly;11/10/2014, p1
The article focuses on advice offered by retailer Marks & Spencer PLC's director of sustainable business, Mike Barry on how companies can build long-term, restorative models highlighting inclusivity and profitability. According to Barry, the company's Plan A focuses on carbon footprint reduction...
- M&S yearly profits up 5%. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
The article reports on the 4.6 percent increase in the profit of Marks & Spencer (M&S) for the year ended March 27, 2010.
- Marks & Spencer trials homeware store format. Eastham, Jaime // Marketing Week;5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p6
Announces the plans of Marks & Spencer to test a chain of standalone homeware stores in Great Britain. Expansion of the homeware offerings of the company; Marketing strategies of the company; Division of the stores into four categories.
- M&S U-turn on mail order furnishings plan. // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p1
Reports the reversal of plans to withdraw from the mail order home furnishing market by Marks & Spencer PLC. Statement of company spokeswoman on the business plan; Data on orders generated by Direct operation; Financial performance of the enterprise.
- M&S is at last stocking the outfits in all the sizes. // Estates Gazette;6/15/2002, Issue 224, p35
Reports on the plan of Marks & Spencer to expand its business operation into the food and furnishings market. Competitors of the company; Determination of the company on its decision.
- M&S to develop ready meal kit to rival Enjoy! range. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);11/29/2001, p1
Reports the plan of Marks & Spencer to launch a meal-kit concept that will rival the Enjoy! range of Unilever Bestfoods. Content in the meal-kit concept; Strategy of the company for the marketing of its products; Details on the appointment of Helen Buck as head of marketing for the food...
- Heading upmarket. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;5/26/2006, Issue 5489, p10
This article reports that after the appointment of Stuart Rose as the chief executive of Marks & Spencers Group PLC, the company is doing well in business. Rose is developing new strategies to strengthen the market position of the group. He has forecasted a pre-tax profit for 2005-2006 of...
- Marks & Spencer Cuts U.S. Growth Plans. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 71, p24
Reports that Mark & Spencer PLC has reduced its overseas expansion plans. Cause of the move; Reduced number of stores planned to open by the company in the United States; Other region where the plan is changed.
- M&S weighs up link to Selfridges. Roberts, Jane // Estates Gazette;3/16/2002, Issue 211, p30
Focuses on the plans of Marks & Spencer to expand its store at Marble Arch, London, England. Options considered by Marks & Spencer to increase store space; Plans involving the underground food space of Selfirdges; Concerns with the plan.