- Forty-acre shopping center, anchored by Target, planned in WVC. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p1
The article reports that planners in the West Valley City, Utah have approved the construction of a 135,300 square feet Target store which will have its anchor tenant the 40-acre shopping center Highbury Centre.
- In store. // New Hampshire Business Review;08/01/97, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p22
Reports on the city planning board's approval of the $3 million proposal to expand the Portsmouth Traffic Circle state liquor store and to add retail space to the New Hampshire site. Canada's Truck Stop owner David Canada's objection to the plan.
- Mezzanine loophole riles minister and FoE. // Cabinet Maker;2/13/2004, Issue 5375, p5
Discusses the concerns raised by the Friends of the Earth and the British minister for housing and planning about the town center retailers' use of a loophole in the Planning Act to increase floorspace via mezzanine floors.
- The Rebirth of City Development. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;May2000, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p83
Discusses the popularity of inner-city redevelopment in trade areas of the United States (US). Factors contributing to the trend; Most rewarding aspect of inner-city redevelopment; Information on top retail facilities in US cities.
- BEIRUT: THE PHOENICIAN PHOENIX. Barnett, Neil // Middle East;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 325, p47
Explores the reconstruction of Beirut, Lebanon by Solidere. Emergence of cafes and restaurants; Conversion of opera house into a Virgin megastore; Population of residential quarters.
- Big-box battle drags on. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p1
Reports on public hearings on amendments to the so-called Big Box Ordinance, which regulates large retail establishments in Tucson, Arizona. Specification of design criteria for large retail establishments; Neighborhood groups' concerns on how the big boxes which abut residential areas affect...
- CHICAGO rebranded. Peasley, Aaron // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Apr2011, p34
The article features the city of Chicago in Illinois, which is undergoing a major revival in various areas like its infrastructure, cuisine and the arts as of April 2011. It cites as example the Millenium Park, which features the Anish Kapoor sculpture. It presents several establishments,...
- Rewriting Retail. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;Mar2007, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p163
The article reports on a pilot program launched in Sugar Land, Texas aimed at redeveloping troubled retail centers at the suburb. Municipalities around Sugar Land are also looking to forge partnerships with property owners and developers to revive dying areas and attract desirable tenants....
- Former Woolies will be hotel. Dixon, Annabel // Estates Gazette;8/4/2012, Issue 1231, p03
The article reports on the planning permission received by Crown Properties for the redevelopment of a former Woolworths store on Brixton Road in London, England into an Express by Holiday Inn hotel.