- Trading up and new formats lift sales at MFI. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p3
Reports on the increase in MFI sales in Great Britain. Reaction of consumers to the Splash bathroom range; Increase in pre-tax profit; Estimation of budget for foil product production.
- MFI reads the signs for continued growth. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p3
Reports the prediction on the sales performance of the MFI company in Great Britain. Views of Martin Clifford-King, finance director of the company, on the condition of consumer spending; Evaluation on the business performance of the company; Advantage of the venture of the company with Ethan...
- MFI fined over Latvian bed. // Cabinet Maker;08/28/98, Issue 5103, p7
Reports that Britain-based MFI was fined and ordered to pay after a child was injured when a Latvian made bunkbed collapsed. Decision by Cheltemham, England magistrates.
- MFI rolls out Homeworks. // Housewares;Apr96, Issue 126, p2
Reports that MFI is rolling out its Homeworks format to more stores in 1996, following the format's success during the winter sale.
- MFI profits leap 63%. // Housewares;Jan/Feb97, Issue 132, p2
Reports on the financial of MFI in the 28 weeks to November 9, 1996. Pre-tax profits; Sales; Success and expansion of the Homeworks format; Search for new markets.
- MI axes three in senior reshuffle. // Marketing Week;11/13/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p9
Reports on a reshuffle at MFI which saw the axing of three senior marketing posts. MFI's current heavy investment in marketing; Inclusion of marketing director Neil Palfreeman in the firing.
- MFI must address outdated strategy. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;7/2/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p19
Presents information on reorganization at furniture retailer MFI company, in the wake of the departure of a number of senior marketers from the company. Information on the top marketers leaving the company; Insight on the company's profit loss for the year ending April 25, 1998; Reason for the...
- Basic instincts. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;07/03/98, Issue 5095, p1
Opinion. Discusses changes in retail company, MFI's business focus. Emphasis on kitchen and bedroom sales; Phaseout of warehousing; Switching to home delivery; Reduction in stock lines; Concentration on higher margin product.
- MFI slashes product lines and staff as bog shareholders demand action. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/03/98, Issue 5095, p2
Details management and organizational changes in the retail company, MFI. Transfer of distribution business to regional centers; Phase-out of female-friendly product such as housewares and textiles; Focus on beds and cabinets products; Emphasis of its advertising campaigns on the Hygena and...