Firms are hopeful despite pessimism
- Africa must add value. // African Business;May2014, Issue 408, p10
The article informs that most of the raw materials of Africa are being exported and urbanisation, population growth and rising purchasing power will transform domestic market and increase demand for manufactured goods in Africa.
- German carmakers join forces. // Supply Management;10/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the plan of German carmakers including Daimler to jointly purchase raw materials in order to secure its supply of scarce goods.
- Purchase Order for RM procurement. Hulyalkar, Mukund // Paintindia;Nov2015, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p111
The article presents a purchase order form for the procurement of raw materials for paint production, along with the standard purchase order conditions such as the company's right to reject the material received and cancel orders if the materials are not delivered within the stipulated time.
- Cebu's furniture industry seeking government help. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;4/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p26
Reports on the call of the furniture industry for government help in Cebu City, Philippines. Competition faced by the sector from Chinese manufacturers; Request of the Cebu Furniture Industry Foundation for tax incentives and financing to expedite imports of raw materials into the country.
- Vietnam government leaving hands off. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;8/9/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p23
Reports that the Vietnamese government's hands-off approach to the furniture industry will avoid future trade problems. Incentives offered by the government for plant expansion and capital investments; Ministry of Trade's organization of missions to the United States to research the market and...
- Iron category faces challenges. Paschal, Courtney M. // Casual Living;Dec2007, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p43
The article reports the iron category of furniture is facing challenges due to the increasing cost of raw materials and competition with other materials like aluminum and wicker, but despite this, new collections are produced during the summer and early fall seasons. A list of retailers and...
- KNOWLEDGE AS A CRITICAL RESOURCE IN INNOVATION AMONG SMALL FURNITURE COMPANIES IN INDONESIA. Indarti, Nurul; Van Geenhuizen, Marina // Gadjah Mada International Journal of Business;Sep-Dec2005, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p371
The furniture industry makes a significant contribution to the Indonesian economy but is exposed to an intensifying competitive environment and to emerging shortages of raw material. These circumstances have prompted small furniture manufacturers in the district of Jepara to undertake several...
- Malaysia still a key source. // Furniture/Today;3/19/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p25
The article reports that Malaysia has been an important resource for promotional bedroom and casual dining since a very long time. According to Jamie Collins, vice president of sales and marketing for Homelegance, richness in raw materials is the key about Malaysia, which is different than...
- Deep sleep. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p26
The article cites that latex and visco-elastic dominated the bed sector but manufacturers are struggling to protect prices from the effects of high raw material costs. If there was any confusion as to what the trend in beds would be this year, The Furniture Show was quick to dispel that. The...